This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Keldeo to get a new form

#51Emperor4DemiGodPosted 6/8/2012 11:37:14 AM
for genesect you just let him hold his cassette (assuming you count that as changing formes)
---
wat da duck is rong wit u?- pokemon mastah
http://www.thefiestafactory.co.uk/_borders/yellow_duck_other_direction.jpg
#52Brandon042487Posted 6/8/2012 11:40:45 AM(edited)
From what I heard genesect's drives don't change it's type but rather the type of it's signature move.
---
Fight Club Gym Leader
My Wife: Phoebe of the Hoenn Elite 4 http://i.imgur.com/tq9TO.jpg
#53jayman7Posted 6/8/2012 11:45:39 AM
Brandon042487 posted...
From what I heard genesect's drives don't change it's type but rather the type of it's signature move.

Nooooooooo.

But they do change the color of the little light on his head, and internally, the game counts that as being an alternate forme.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#54Hejiru206Posted 6/8/2012 1:03:43 PM
jayman7 posted...
Brandon042487 posted...

Nooooooooo.

But they do change the color of the little light on his head, and internally, the game counts that as being an alternate forme.

Only because that's how they had to program it. The Pokedex doesn't list Arceus and Genesect as having multiple formes, and the official Japanese site only lists Arceus as normal-type.

If Genesect changing drives means it's a new form then Kecleon has a different form every time it changes color.
---
Your opinion differs from mine, therefore you are a troll.
#55jayman7Posted 6/8/2012 1:05:45 PM
Hejiru206 posted...
If Genesect changing drives means it's a new form then Kecleon has a different form every time it changes color.

Kecleon doesn't change color in-game.

Besides, examination of the Pokedex 3D AR Markers indicates that it, at least, counts Arceus's and Genesect's "palette swaps" or whatever as separate.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#56TwilightRaverPosted 6/8/2012 2:02:35 PM
ADVANCEGAMERXXX posted...
Awesome. Hope the new forme is like Skymin; better stats and stuff.

...Is that to say that its stats aren't already great? I mean, 108 Speed and 129 Special Attack sounds pretty magical to me.
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#57Catcher_FreemanPosted 6/8/2012 2:04:38 PM
Yeah, Keldeo's stats are fine as is. They're identical to Terrakion's, but with Attack and Special Attack switched.

All I really want from a Keldeo forme is a type change to Ice/Fighting.
---
Swagodile's alt.
#58_KGC_Posted 6/8/2012 2:07:50 PM

...Is that to say that its stats aren't already great? I mean, 108 Speed and 129 Special Attack sounds pretty magical to me.

I guess he wants something like this: 91/72/70/148/70/129
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#59radred2004Posted 6/8/2012 6:03:44 PM(edited)
Game Freak overplays the term "legend." Since generation 2, the term "legend" has become more and more of a common thing. No longer are "legends" actually legends simply because there are 5+ legends each game, and people trade them around like they're normal pokemon.

And the alternate forms build off this. Granting alternate forms to multiple legends further proposes the fact that legends are overused yet are famous enough and cool enbough to have new forms just for the sake of having new forms.

This is why I choose not to like legends anymore, and thus alternate forms. All a merchandising scheme. All making the game less of what it should be these days.

Okay, rant over.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138
#60ADVANCEGAMERXXXPosted 6/8/2012 6:09:50 PM
_KGC_ posted...

I guess he wants something like this: 91/72/70/148/70/129

...Not that extreme, but a higher Special Attack stat would be good.
---
~Official Shadow Triad of the B2/W2 Boards~
~R~ Executive Surge and Viridian Gym Leader- NegativeBadge