This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A question I've had since gen I . . .

#11iRaithYouPosted 6/18/2012 2:55:42 PM
Bug types beat dark types ?
---
3DS FC: 0946 3178 1610
#12ElSilverWind(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 3:02:41 PM
iRaithYou posted...

It's because bugs use pheromones and other kinds of vision to see, so darkness doesn't really deter them. Plus many bugs are more active at night.
---
---
Happily dating Burgh
#13erekwashere15Posted 6/18/2012 3:10:50 PM
ElSilverWind posted...
iRaithYou posted...

It's because bugs use pheromones and other kinds of vision to see, so darkness doesn't really deter them. Plus many bugs are more active at night.
---

Dark is Evil, not lack of Light
---
Pokemon White FC: 0046-2279-8375 Xbox GT: erekwashere15
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#14ElSilverWind(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 3:20:51 PM
erekwashere15 posted...
ElSilverWind posted...
iRaithYou posted...

---

That depends moreso on the Pokemon. I think there was a thread about this. Anyways, Umbreon is a night evolution of eevee, that doesn't make it evil.
Even then, Insects in movies kinda work on both sides of the spectrum.
(spiders and moths get a more "evil" vibe while butterflies and ladybugs tend to get a more "good" vibe.)
So if you look at it from that perspective it also explains why bug is supereffective against the Psychic (good) type as well.
---
---
Happily dating Burgh
#15BardWannabePosted 6/18/2012 3:28:25 PM
Firstly, insects are the most numerous animal on the planet. Also keep in mind that a Bird type seems to have been planned to be in Gen 1 (see Missingno), so they apparently saw nothing wrong with types of animals being included among the Elements. The Bug type is in my top 3 Elements--I like them a lot.
#16erekwashere15Posted 6/18/2012 3:30:31 PM
ElSilverWind posted...
erekwashere15 posted...
ElSilverWind posted...
iRaithYou posted...

---

That depends moreso on the Pokemon. I think there was a thread about this. Anyways, Umbreon is a night evolution of eevee, that doesn't make it evil.
(spiders and moths get a more "evil" vibe while butterflies and ladybugs tend to get a more "good" vibe.)
So if you look at it from that perspective it also explains why bug is supereffective against the Psychic (good) type as well.
---

It's called the Evil type in Japan, and more resembles dishonorable tactics than what you were talking about.

To kill the argument before it spreads any further: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/PokemonTypeMatchups
---
Pokemon White FC: 0046-2279-8375 Xbox GT: erekwashere15
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#17ElSilverWind(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 3:31:14 PM
BardWannabe posted...
Firstly, insects are the most numerous animal on the planet. Also keep in mind that a Bird type seems to have been planned to be in Gen 1 (see Missingno), so they apparently saw nothing wrong with types of animals being included among the Elements. The Bug type is in my top 3 Elements--I like them a lot.

This makes sense.
Plus the Bug type actually is my favorite :D
It just always felt out of place tough.
---
---
Happily dating Burgh
#18Dark_ZoroarkPosted 6/18/2012 3:54:37 PM
Lu Aza posted...
I summon the MIGHTY ELEMENTAL FORCES OF NORMAL!

Wait, what?

Wow, I completely forgot that normal type existed.
---
SS- MC- TBA Game- FS- TBA Game- OOT- MM/WW/Alttp- TBA Game/PH/Oox-TP/ST/LA- FSA/TBA Game/Loz- TBA game/TBA Game/AoL
#19ElSilverWind(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 3:55:05 PM
erekwashere15 posted...
ElSilverWind posted...
erekwashere15 posted...
ElSilverWind posted...
iRaithYou posted...

---

---

It's called the Evil type in Japan, and more resembles dishonorable tactics than what you were talking about.

To kill the argument before it spreads any further: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/PokemonTypeMatchups

Oh not TVTropes -_- *sigh there goes my next 3 hours*
Hmmm . . . So bugs wear down the sneaky tricks of Dark types with their insect traits (kinda like chasing a fly) and don't fall for their tricks because of their hiveminded brains?
---
---
Happily dating Burgh
#20drcossackPosted 6/18/2012 4:01:30 PM
"You can probably replace the sentence with any other type and it'll be similar reasoning. Instead, you should think why flying exists. Before tornadus, flying was always a sub-type."

Arceus...though, granted, that was a type replacement.
---
Go Phillies!