This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most of the pokemon protagonists don't look like they'e 10 years old.

#1Slayerblade11Posted 6/19/2012 1:58:33 PM
Most of them look like they're at least 13-15. Especially the females.
#2viewmaster_piPosted 6/19/2012 1:59:24 PM
I know, right?
---
This is my super "secret" board. Keep out.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=565572
#3LexifoxPosted 6/19/2012 1:59:50 PM
The "10 years old" thing is pretty much just the anime. None of the main characters, except for Red (in the manual, I believe) have ever had their age confirmed. Note that the game characters are different from their anime and manga counterparts.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4MasterAdeptAlexPosted 6/19/2012 2:01:28 PM
Yeah, they certainly don't look like kids. They look more like teens, but Hilda especially looks like she can pass for 17 or 18.
---
"Hey someone help bat baby up off the floor." The Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum
#5LexifoxPosted 6/19/2012 2:02:44 PM
MasterAdeptAlex posted...
Yeah, they certainly don't look like kids. They look more like teens, but Hilda especially looks like she can pass for 17 or 18.

The B/W characters were stated to be older than the past characters, but that's about all we know regarding their age. Presumably, it was to help facilitate the more mature story behind the games.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6viewmaster_piPosted 6/19/2012 2:03:59 PM
So Red's the youngest and continues to be, by far, the most badass.
---
#7LexifoxPosted 6/19/2012 2:05:24 PM
viewmaster_pi posted...

Red hasn't confronted gods of time, space, and antimatter.
---
#8viewmaster_piPosted 6/19/2012 2:07:19 PM
He also hasn't had any help from anyone, but managed to singlehandedly dismantle an organized crime syndicate, and you know... kick a ghost's ass.
---
#9LexifoxPosted 6/19/2012 2:11:44 PM
viewmaster_pi posted...
He also hasn't had any help from anyone, but managed to singlehandedly dismantle an organized crime syndicate, and you know... kick a ghost's ass.

Yeah, he sure kicked the ass of the restless spirit of the Pokemon slaughtered trying to defend her child, who only returned because her killers were tormenting an old man.
---
#10GoldenFantasyPosted 6/19/2012 2:12:50 PM
Lexifox posted...
viewmaster_pi posted...

Red hasn't confronted gods of time, space, and antimatter.

Or maybe they didn't want to confront him.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks