This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any reason for the visuals to be so bad?

#1summerclawPosted 6/20/2012 8:11:22 PM(edited)
I'm watching some info because of the hype, since its coming so soon and the artwork and characters are so well done, but the game itself... Jesus Christ, what a freaking mess. You would think, one of Nintendo most precious series would get a bigger budget.
---
Like The Beatles? then you are going to love Nickelback.
#2Mariofan15Posted 6/20/2012 8:10:47 PM
Bad? The visuals are just fine.
---
My Wife:Skyla
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=665863
#3ThatGuyZPosted 6/20/2012 8:11:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4scrappybristolPosted 6/20/2012 8:11:14 PM
Maybe you need your eyes checked?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_ZpHgiIKo - this is what nightmares are made of...
#5thunder_godsPosted 6/20/2012 8:11:32 PM
ThatGuyZ posted...
Graphics-over-gameplay whore...

Nothing to see here, folks.

---
official dragonite of b2/w2 boards "I'll hyper beam the S*** out of you." Cometh at me yon, trolls
#6HomeRowedPosted 6/20/2012 8:12:16 PM
It's because the DS is a weak system and doesn't have ultra-high-res screens. Nintendo really dropped the ball on this one. A 256 x 192 resolution is INEXCUSABLE these days.
---
HOME ROWED
i wish the rain couldn't stop forever
#7thunder_godsPosted 6/20/2012 8:13:23 PM
homerowed posted...
It's because the DS is a weak system and doesn't have ultra-high-res screens. Nintendo really dropped the ball on this one. A 256 x 192 resolution is AWESOME these days.

corrected!
---
official dragonite of b2/w2 boards "I'll hyper beam the S*** out of you." Cometh at me yon, trolls
#8summerclaw(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 8:13:49 PM
Wait so you guys actually think it looks fine? I know the DS limitations but there's a lot of games way better looking than this. There's no reason for the sprites and polygon to be that low res.
---
Like The Beatles? then you are going to love Nickelback.
#9ThatGuyZPosted 6/20/2012 8:14:52 PM
summerclaw posted...
Wait so you guys actually think it looks fine? I know the DS limitations but there's a lot of games way better looking than this. There's no reason for the sprites and polygon to be that low res.

I'll say it again;

Gameplay. Over. Graphics. Whores.

Nothing to see here, folks...
---
For every set of games I see the exact same weapons, specials, and characters used over and over, I die a little as a gamer..;3DS FC-5370-0900-3336
#10HomeRowedPosted 6/20/2012 8:16:09 PM
Yeah, I mean, the least they could've done is made the sprites at a higher resolution and used some sort of anti-aliased resampling when they resized them, but NO THEY HAVE TO USE SIMPLE 2x2 NEAREST NEIGHBOR RESIZING INSTEAD.

Seriously, it's not rock science, Nintendo.
---
HOME ROWED
you're doing it wrong