This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So with all these R/S/E Legendaries.....

#51Chain_of_FatePosted 6/22/2012 10:10:23 PM
Monferno_AQW posted...
Why are people so against remakes? Remakes=money, and GameFreak loves money.

Its not about being against Remakes. Its about being ((For me at least)) against over saturation of the market in two generations of the game. Its about being against a practice that puts them in a Spiraling state of stagnation because sudden all they can do is put out remakes.

Its not an Ideal thing to do at all.
---
ITS A GIANT MUSHROOM! MAYBE ITS FRIENDLY!!!!
#52Monferno_AQWPosted 6/22/2012 10:15:30 PM
Chain_of_Fate posted...
Monferno_AQW posted...

Its not about being against remakes. Its about being (for me at least) against over saturation of the market in two generations of the game. Its about being against a practice that puts them in a spiraling state of stagnation because suddenly all they can do is put out remakes.

Hey, if it's got people buyin' the games, it's effective. And they'll do what's effective, AKA whatever rakes in the dough. They'll probably stop at gen 3 remakes, as gen 4 is still a little fresh.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~ Happily married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima of the pokemon universe.
#53CosmoKramer4700Posted 6/22/2012 10:15:43 PM
And I'm certain Gamefreak realizes this....unlike some people in this topic.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#54Chain_of_FatePosted 6/22/2012 10:17:56 PM
Monferno_AQW posted...
Chain_of_Fate posted...
Monferno_AQW posted...

Its not about being against remakes. Its about being (for me at least) against over saturation of the market in two generations of the game. Its about being against a practice that puts them in a spiraling state of stagnation because suddenly all they can do is put out remakes.

Hey, if it's got people buyin' the games, it's effective. And they'll do what's effective, AKA whatever rakes in the dough. They'll probably stop at gen 3 remakes, as gen 4 is still a little fresh.

but it wont stop, cause as I said earlier. Suddenly everything from Gen 1 is completely out of date. And then that will needed to be updated to get money from the fans. Its a pattern that doesnt end.
---
ITS A GIANT MUSHROOM! MAYBE ITS FRIENDLY!!!!
#55Monferno_AQWPosted 6/22/2012 10:49:26 PM(edited)
Chain_of_Fate posted...
Monferno_AQW posted...
Chain_of_Fate posted...
Monferno_AQW posted...

but it wont stop, cause as I said earlier. Suddenly everything from Gen 1 is completely out of date. And then that will needed to be updated to get money from the fans. Its a pattern that doesnt end.

Like I said, it's effective. As long as it remains effective, GF will most likely do it. It may eventually stop, but until then, we may as well enjoy it.
---
I only play in Ubers
#56Monferno_AQWPosted 6/22/2012 10:33:16 PM(edited)
They don't do this with movies...why do this with games?

Um...<_< Have the last 10 years or so not happened? Ocean's Eleven, The Italian Job, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Halloween 2, The Thing (2nd remake, but it counts), etc., among many others I haven't named. Give it time; eventually, someone is gonna attempt remakes of SW or Jonsey, though they most likely will get Metapod blocked by the directors or the fans.
---
I only play in Ubers
#57pokemega32Posted 6/22/2012 11:48:23 PM
Monferno_AQW posted...
The Thing (2nd remake, but it counts),.

That was a prequel.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#58ExiledfmrealityPosted 6/22/2012 11:57:03 PM
Lucas has screwed around with each of the Star Wars movies so much that I consider them to be remakes in a sense. Seriously, it seems like every iteration there's a completely new element that everyone hates. The Special Editions look like nothing compared to replacing Sebastian Shaw with a creepy looking Anakin and then adding a NOOOO in RotJ when the emperor is killing luke after the same scream were widely derided in RotS.
---
Platinum FC: 0475 0911 6895 Name: Cassie
Diamond FC: 3266 7471 2175 Name: Judith
#59Monferno_AQWPosted 6/23/2012 12:20:29 AM
pokemega32 posted...
Monferno_AQW posted...
The Thing (2nd remake, but it counts),.

That was a prequel.

Really? Hmm. Haven't seen it yet.
---
I only play in Ubers