This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We now know how to obtain the Shining and Round Charms

#1ClassyOldHatPosted 6/24/2012 3:32:04 AM
According to a recent post on Serebii, the Round Charm, an item that increases the chance of finding an egg at the daycare, and the Shining Charm, an item that increases your chance of finding Shiny Pokemon are both apparently available without any sort of event.

To obtain the Round Charm, you must collect all 301 Pokemon in the Unova Pokedex.
To obtain the Shining Charm, You "gotta catch 'em all," completing the national 'dex.
Additionally, seeing all Pokemon in the Unova 'dex allows you to travel to a special garden where non-Unova Pokemon can be found.

There is currently no word as to whether event Pokemon like Victini or Mew are required for this, or if an exception is made for them in this case, as it is when it comes to obtaining the "Pokedex Complete" Trainer Card upgrade.

For those of you who, when playing past games, were frustrated about getting a "I collected 493 Pokemon and all I got was this stupid certificate!" certificate, it looks like your hard work may finally pay off.
#2MaiagarePosted 6/24/2012 3:32:58 AM
You're a few topic late.

The charms are also key items, which is awesome.
#3ClassyOldHat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 3:38:31 AM
Sorry, I searched ten pages back and found nothing on these.

Ah well, one more duplicate topic won't hurt.
#4GRTooCoolPosted 6/24/2012 3:39:24 AM
Actually, I appreciate the descriptions. I was doing a search, trying to figure out what a Round Charm did and no luck.

So thanks.
---
iRO Loki: 98/6x Sniper, 9x/50 Battle Priest, 8x/50 Priest, 8x/4x Blacksmith, 7x/4x Wizard, 7x/4x Gunslinger
#5jayman7Posted 6/24/2012 3:39:30 AM
To be fair, the other topics that mention them don't have the mention of the Charms in the topic title.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6banjo kazooiePosted 6/24/2012 3:59:39 AM
ClassyOldHat posted...
Additionally, seeing all Pokemon in the Unova 'dex allows you to travel to a special garden where non-Unova Pokemon can be found.

Hoenn confirmed!
---
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth.