This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

White Kyurem>>>>>Black Kyurem

#21PolimarioPosted 6/24/2012 8:30:45 PM
Bellethor posted...
Darksamusz posted...
I don't think you guys have used Normal Kyurem before (Normal Kyurem has the exact same typing/stats except SpAtk/Atk stats, so yes, comparing them is perfectly valid)

Actually, you are incorrect on that note. Black Kyurem has +40 Attack and +10 Defense in exchange for -10 Special Attack, while White Kyurem is the opposite, with +40 Special Attack and +10 Special Defense in exchange for -10 Attack. In addition to these changes, which add drastic power and some overall bulk, these new Kyurem forms acquire better coverage than regular Kyurem thanks to Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt. Turboblaze and Teravolt are simply icing on the cake, bypassing all abilities, something that regular Kyurem cannot boast.

Normal Kyurem is best with a Sub/Lefties/3 Atk set. Kyurem can't just switch in carelessly, land a few hits and switch out because ALL of its main counters OUTSPEED it (unless you're rolling with a scarf) and it's decimated by all forms of entry hazards.

The most competitively viable sets are up to discussion, actually.

Also, when you consider the sheer power, bulk, and coverage of these new Kyurem forms, you have to understand that there is practically nothing in the OU metagame that can stand up to them. There are no safe switches into either of these monsters except for Eviolite Chansey, which can be dealt with even still. Neither of the Kyurem forms have no counters, only checks.

Kyurem only receives two new moves, but they don't matter at all, because he already has perfect neutral coverage in Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor/Outrage, Blizzard and Focus Blast, all of which are (except outrage) are Special Attacks, so theoretically White Kyurem is better. While +10 in Defensive stats don't nearly make that much of a difference compared to the Attack boosts. He still doesn't hit the base speed of 100 that so many Pokes have, he's vurnerable to all entry hazards AND a large majority of the OU metagame can kill it thanks to it's awful typing and outspeed it thanks to a base speed that is almost enough to outspeed large threats in the metagame.

So ya, White Kyurem=OU with a small chance of Ubers while Black Kyurem=BL with a small chance of OU.

Theorymon =/= Actual performance.

Actually use the thing before writing it off as trash because of all that 'hypothetical' nonsense. Remember that there are many Pokemon that also look good on paper, but preform...inadequately.
---
Devout Pikmin Fan. PURPLE EVERYTHING!
While a strong man can go far in life, it's the smart man that advances life farther.
#22Skull_proPosted 6/24/2012 8:35:34 PM
BlackScythe0 posted...
170 attack stats.

You people need to stop pretending this will ever see anything other than uber.

Rampardos is incredibly close to that (165) yet, he's NU
---
http://digimonworlddawndusk.proboards.com/index.cgi
The new Digimon World Dawn/Dusk, created on Janurary 1st 2012!
#23Skull_proPosted 6/24/2012 8:35:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24PolimarioPosted 6/24/2012 8:37:05 PM
Skull_pro posted...
BlackScythe0 posted...
170 attack stats.

That's because his other stats are lackluster.

Both Kyurems, on the other hand, DO have the raw stats to back up their respective Attacks.
---
Devout Pikmin Fan. PURPLE EVERYTHING!
While a strong man can go far in life, it's the smart man that advances life farther.
#25_Unowninator_Posted 6/24/2012 8:44:49 PM
Am I the only one who's thinking of using Freeze Shock w/ a Power Herb?
---
Nintendo should bring back the low pkmn health warning and use it for the 3ds. ~king_darks
#26Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 8:45:53 PM
Polimario posted...
Skull_pro posted...
BlackScythe0 posted...
170 attack stats.

That's because his other stats are lackluster.

Both Kyurems, on the other hand, DO have the raw stats to back up their respective Attacks.

My theories are backed up by original Kyurem's performance. I am a hail user; me of all people should know how these buffs would affect Kyurem, even if it's theoretical.

Just a +10 in one defensive stat is nothing to holler about. He still has one of they worst defensive typings in the game.
---
FLUTTERSHY HAS SKRILLEXS HAIRCUT
Thank you, Mr. Ando I love you. Anytime, you make me happy and give me peace.
#27Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 8:49:58 PM
_Unowninator_ posted...
Am I the only one who's thinking of using Freeze Shock w/ a Power Herb?

Power Herb is a one use item though, so that move would only be effective once and you're out a item and you have a move with that takes 2 turns to charge. Blizzard (in hail) is the better choice, perfect accurancy, usable with an item and only a sacrifice of 20 power.
---
FLUTTERSHY HAS SKRILLEXS HAIRCUT
Thank you, Mr. Ando I love you. Anytime, you make me happy and give me peace.
#28VerdikaPosted 6/24/2012 9:31:03 PM
125/100/90 defenses might not be fantastic, but they are enough to survive at least one SE hit from something with a decent bit of power. I just did some calculations and even life orb Mewtwo's Aura Sphere wouldn't OHKO it most of the time.

If it can survive one hit, it can often take it's enemy out in a single hit, something that ordinary Kyurem cannot do. This alone makes it MUCH more powerful.

But honestly, I think that it would actually be even better in uber then in OU. Not as easily outsped, and can OHKO a lot of the uber croud, plus B. Kyurem seems like it would be really good at countering Kyogre, as it is resistant or neutral against most of the Sea God's most powerful attacks, including Water Spout. It can then return the favor with Fusion Bolt.

Of course, I'm somewhat new to the competative Pokemon scene, so take my opinions with a grain of salt...
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
#29GiratinalgaPosted 6/24/2012 9:36:12 PM
lol. One of the worst defensive typings in the game? Don't mean ****, Rayquaza is weaker, less bulky, and has a much worse defensive typing (hell, even his offensive typing only really offers him one useable STAB.) Ho-Oh has these problems, too, and look where it is. In fact, I'd rather face down a Ho-Oh than a freaking Kyurem Forme. At least that **** comes in on 50% health and gets drenched by Drizzle, whereas the Kyurem Formes only slightly get irked at SR and have no issue with Drizzle, sans W. Kyurem who will have a weakened F.Flare.

Kyurem formes are unquestionably Uber, and everyone who thinks otherwise is a total fool. Respond to this with as much analysis as you want, you can not escape this truth. Regular Kyurem wasn't Uber because it wasn't near as ridiculously powerful, had a crap movepool (Perfect coverage doesn't mean crap when your strongest moves have crap accuracy), and couldn't really fight off many things.

Enter White Kyurem, that steamrolls over anything that doesn't resist its might (which is practically everything), and Black Kyurem, the ultimate wallbreaker and one of the most versatile Pokemon ever released.
---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun
#30GiratinalgaPosted 6/24/2012 9:42:42 PM
Verdika posted...
125/100/90 defenses might not be fantastic,

It's downright fantastic in a tier where nearly all the main sweepers have crap defenses and can't take a hit.

but they are enough to survive at least one SE hit from something with a decent bit of power. I just did some calculations and even life orb Mewtwo's Aura Sphere wouldn't OHKO it most of the time.

Precisely. If you can take a hit from the premier Uber Special Attacker, you're gonna have a good time.

If it can survive one hit, it can often take it's enemy out in a single hit, something that ordinary Kyurem cannot do. This alone makes it MUCH more powerful.

But honestly, I think that it would actually be even better in uber then in OU. Not as easily outsped, and can OHKO a lot of the uber croud, plus B. Kyurem seems like it would be really good at countering Kyogre, as it is resistant or neutral against most of the Sea God's most powerful attacks, including Water Spout. It can then return the favor with Fusion Bolt.

Do remember that the Uber metagame also regularly sees the Pokemon that Kyurem have trouble with, but it barely matters.

Of course, I'm somewhat new to the competative Pokemon scene, so take my opinions with a grain of salt...

---
PSN: julito427 (Hellsing) Currently playing: SSFIV AE, BB:CS2, Pokemon Black, MvC3
SSFIV: Oni, Cody, Yun