This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dual Chop or Dragon Claw?

#1LDSKnightPosted 6/26/2012 6:44:40 PM
Which does more? OR are they equal since Dual Chop hits twice?
---
Magikarps. They can beat Electabuzz.
Folkmiza everywhere else.
#2scrappybristolPosted 6/26/2012 6:45:37 PM
I prefer dual chop.

It breaks annoying subs.
---
Daisy, Daisy give me your answer true. I'm half crazy all for the love of you.DS 2 and B2/W2 ftw
#3wufei8706Posted 6/26/2012 6:46:13 PM
The same but since it hits twice, it could miss both times.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3k37dxt http://tinyurl.com/7tt5db2
Okay, so from here on out disagreeing with wufei8706 is against the rules-Error1355
#4LexifoxPosted 6/26/2012 6:46:14 PM
They have the same power since Chop hits twice. Dual Chop just has less accuracy, but since it hits twice the first can break a Substitute and the second can damage the opponent.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5LDSKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 6:46:35 PM
Thanks.
---
Magikarps. They can beat Electabuzz.
Folkmiza everywhere else.
#6Brandon042487Posted 6/26/2012 6:47:21 PM
Move should be called the Slap Chop
---
Fight Club Gym Leader
My Wife: Phoebe of the Hoenn Elite 4 http://i.imgur.com/tq9TO.jpg
#7Elec Man EXEPosted 6/26/2012 6:49:28 PM
They're equal in base power because Dual Chop hits twice for 40 per hit, and Dragon Claw is just 80 period.

Dual Chop hits twice, so it can break substitute and do damage on the second hit and ignore Focus Sash. But it trades off that utility for less-than-100 accuracy.

For in-game (that is, not Battle Subway or anything, just the story and such) Dragon Claw is probably better because you'll rarely run into Sash / Sub (and you can't break Sturdy using Dual Chop). So there are pretty much no advantages to Dual Chop in-game and you get less accuracy.

Competetively the advantages are more clear, and breaking subs can be very helpful. Though Outrage is usually the go-to physical dragon attack competetively just for the sheer power of it.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#8Shadow Flare13Posted 6/26/2012 7:09:03 PM
(and you can't break Sturdy using Dual Chop)

I'm pretty sure you can >_>. Double Kick works, so I don't see why not Dual Chop.

Also, because it hits twice, it has twice as many chances for a critical hit, though each individual critical won't be as powerful as a Dragon Claw critical.

I had a lot of fun in-game with a Skill Link Cinccino holding whatever item boosts critical hit rate >_>.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon FireRed Nuzlocke [Charizard, Vileplume, Persian, Seadra, Hitmonlee, Raichu] Lvl 38, 5 comrades lost
#9Dark_EinherjarPosted 6/26/2012 7:29:28 PM
In the end it all comes to answering the following question: is the benefit of hitting through Substitutes and a higher critical hit chance worth the accuracy loss?

Personally, I think it isn't: imperfect accuracy is more noticeable in this generation than it has EVER been; I'm missing attacks in Gen V so much that, for the first time ever since Gen II, I'm actually dropping Fire Blast and putting back Flamethrower on my Pokémon. Also, I no longer trust moves like Stone Edge and Focus Miss (just about everything below 90% accuracy, really) and avoid them whenever I can.
---
Saix: "Kingdom Hearts... where is my heart?"
Kingdom Hearts: "...do I look like a Lost and Found to you? Try a heart transplant center!"
#101998_zPosted 6/26/2012 7:39:49 PM
We need a Technician Dragon/Fighting Pokemon so that it got STAB Technician Dual Chop and Mach Punch.
It could be deadly, especially combined with DD or SD.
---
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards.
R - Rocket Scientist and Sucker Punch Master