This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can they please not treat the veteran players like beginners every single gen

#1RemixDeluxePosted 6/26/2012 6:55:27 PM
I know this isnt a new Pokemon gen but because this is a sequel to a new Pokemon game is it really necessary to teach the player how to catch pokemon EVERY SINGLE GAME? There is just so much intro stuff to shovel through before you get to the meat of the game what are the odds that there is a new player just getting into the game now?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2Mariofan15Posted 6/26/2012 6:56:44 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
I know this isnt a new Pokemon gen but because this is a sequel to a new Pokemon game is it really necessary to teach the player how to catch pokemon EVERY SINGLE GAME? There is just so much intro stuff to shovel through before you get to the meat of the game what are the odds that there is a new player just getting into the game now?

It's there for people who never played any other game. Get over it.
---
My Wife:Skyla
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=665863
#3zinformantPosted 6/26/2012 6:57:05 PM
If you don't like it, you know where the door is. They're not removing the tutorials because it alienates an audience. This game has wide appeal and is designed and marketed as such. With over a million players, someone needs that tutorial, and it may not be you.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#4Elec Man EXEPosted 6/26/2012 6:58:01 PM(edited)
Sequel or not, there will still be people introduced to Pokemon through this game. They need the tutorials in place so that new people aren't confused as heck.

They could make them skippable I suppose. Maybe ask you at the beginning of the game "Have you played Pokemon before?" or something.

But they definately shouldn't just remove them completely. Better to midly annoy the veteran players than completely alienate the new players.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#5empireoffirePosted 6/26/2012 6:57:49 PM
It's almost as if beginners don't exist.
---
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf
#6Roxas_1124Posted 6/26/2012 6:58:19 PM
First world problems.

Lol how does this bother you at all, I see it as nostalgia.
---
GT- CWest2424
I am like a geico ninja. Yeah, Geico ninja. :D
#7Shadow Flare13Posted 6/26/2012 6:58:33 PM
Games have tutorials. Deal. It's not even that painstakingly long anyways, a whole minute of your time at most.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon FireRed Nuzlocke [Charizard, Vileplume, Persian, Seadra, Hitmonlee, Raichu] Lvl 38, 5 comrades lost
#8ryudin89Posted 6/26/2012 6:59:46 PM
Hmmm. It would be neat if they included an advanced trainer option.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend code: 3780-9074-3418
#9RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 7:00:52 PM
Games have tutorials. Deal. It's not even that painstakingly long anyways, a whole minute of your time at most.

Seeing how many main Pokemon series games there are out now its highly unlikely this game would be someone's first Pokemon game. All I'm saying is it isn't necessary to include a tutorial for a game that has been releasing for years since the late 90's. Its almost an insult just to have this waste of time.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#10Mariofan15Posted 6/26/2012 7:02:33 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...

Seeing how many main Pokemon series games there are out now its highly unlikely this game would be someone's first Pokemon game. All I'm saying is it isn't necessary to include a tutorial for a game that has been releasing for years since the late 90's. Its almost an insult just to have this waste of time.

It doesnt even last that freaking long. Quit complaining about it. And unlikely? So what? You think every freaking person has played the previous games or even heard of them? Get over it. It doesnt last more then a minute at most.
---
My Wife:Skyla
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=665863