This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you trade to BW and back to B2W2?

#1Super SlashPosted 7/1/2012 10:48:12 PM
I want to evolve my Gurdurr but don't want it permanently stuck on my White <_<
#2BKXDPosted 7/1/2012 10:49:22 PM
Yeah. It's not like the Pal Park.
---
http://passid.ca/nwi (my 3DS info, PM me on GameFAQs if you add me)
#3pokemega32Posted 7/1/2012 10:58:12 PM
...why would you expect to be able to transfer backwards but not forwards?
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#4Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 11:07:23 PM
pokemega32 posted...

I figured it was similar to BW1 -> HGSS. This game does have a few new Pokemon, after all.
#5blue_hedgehogPosted 7/1/2012 11:14:33 PM(edited)
D/P/Pt and HG/SS are 4th gen games.

B/W and B2/W2 are 5th gen games. And there are no new Pokémon in Black 2/White 2, only new forms for Kyurem,the Kami Trio and Keldeo.
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon Black/White Version 2 Board - http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#6pokemega32Posted 7/1/2012 11:16:54 PM(edited)
Super Slash posted...
I figured it was similar to BW1 -> HGSS. This game does have a few new Pokemon, after all.

Your post implied that you are planning to trade your Gurdurr from B2/W2 to White to make it evolve, and that you are worried you wouldn't be able to trade it back from White to B2/W2.

Why would you be able to send something backwards but not forwards?

Besides, how could trading be in only one direction? If you send something from BW to B2W2, you also have to send something from B2W2 to BW, otherwise it's not trading.

And no, there aren't any new Pokemon. Just formes.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#7Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 11:17:06 PM(edited)
blue hedgehog posted...

B/W and B2/W2 are 5th gen games. And there are no new Pokémon in Black 2/White 2, only new forms for Kyurem,the Kami Trio and Keldeo.

What happens if those Pokemon are listed in a BW1 trade?

@pokemega: Okay, well, like I said, I thought you may have to give them to White. I just used the term trade out of habit.
#8EkaruPosted 7/1/2012 11:16:20 PM
While it makes absolutely no bloody sense from a rational perspective, since the games take place 2 years apart from each other, yes, you can trade between the two games at will.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7685-5267
PM me if you wanna play a match with me in Mario Tennis Open.
#9comixsonicPosted 7/1/2012 11:16:30 PM
Super Slash posted...
pokemega32 posted...

Except that HGSS was Gen IV and BW is Gen V, whereas both of these games are Gen V.
And while the Pokemon are new to Unova, they aren't new to the series like what BW brought to the table.
#10blue_hedgehogPosted 7/1/2012 11:19:59 PM(edited)
blue hedgehog posted...

What happens if those Pokemon are listed in a BW1 trade?

@pokemega: Okay, well, like I said, I thought you may have to give them to White. I just used the term trade out of habit.

Black/White Kyurem can't be traded since the DNA link item used to fuse it with Zekrom/Reshiram prevents it from being traded like the Griseous Orb.

Keldeo only changes appearance in it's Resolution form when it knows Sacred Sword.
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon Black/White Version 2 Board - http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.