Simple question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: McTCM

McTCM
4 years ago#1
I got a small question (or 2) involving the Ability "simple",

If Swoobat used CM, it would now have +2 Sp atk and Sp Def, now if my opponent (or me in double battles) did psyche up, would I gain +1 or +2 Sp atk and Sp Def?

also if I did CM 6 times, is the cap still on +6, or does it become +12 because of simple?
~Pokemon~
FC:2537 8652 0098

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 years ago#2
If your opponent uses Psych Up, they'll get +1 boosts, not +2, I believe. I know that you don't double stat boosts with Baton Pass, so I assume it works the same way.

And if you Calm Mind six times, you still cap at +6.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: ElSilverWind

ElSilverWind
4 years ago#3
Psyche Up copies stat changes so + 2 SpAtk +SpDef

Limit is still +6 so any further boosts wouldn't work.

User Info: McTCM

McTCM
4 years ago#4
1 yes, 1 no

I guess I'll have to test it once I get some free time.
~Pokemon~
FC:2537 8652 0098

User Info: RadioRebel

RadioRebel
4 years ago#5
Simple works differently in Gens 4 and 5.

In Gen 4, Simple is a passive ability that doubles the effect that a given stat increase or decrease level has on stats. For example, using Calm Mind would still provide a +1 boost, but the Simple ability doubles the amount by which a +1 boost raises stats. Using Baton Pass or Psych Up would pass the +1 stat level, not the ×2 stat increase resulting from Simple. This also works the other way; a Simple Pokémon receiving a +1 boost from Baton Pass or Psych Up would also have its stats doubled.

In Gen 5, however, Simple is an active ability that triggers any time a stat is raised or lowered, doubling the stat levels themselves. In this case, using Calm Mind would actually result in a +2 boost, which is retained through Baton Pass or Psych Up. However, this also means that a Simple Pokémon receiving a +1 boost from Baton Pass or Psych Up will not receive double the boosts like it would in Gen 4.

So ElSilverWind was correct TC, a Swoobat using Calm Mind will in fact receive a +2 boost.
Pokemon Black FC: 1850-6413-0450

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived