This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We should have a devil Pokemon.

#71abcDSBTPosted 7/22/2012 1:47:23 PM
Brandon042487 posted...
abcDSBT posted...
The closest thing we have to a devil Pokemon is Houndoom, who is a hellhound, anyway.

Giratina is the master of antimatter and is only aggressive to keep its realm safe, because without the Distortion World, the regular world would not exist and vise-versa.

While the Platinum dex entry says it was banished for its violence, that doesn't make it a parallel to Satan.

Eh I never wanted to say Giratina was the parallel of Satan

I was only stating that his story seemed to have the somewhat same context as the story when God banished Satan from the heavens.

That's the only similarity I see between the two beings.

As for people saying the Distortion world being Hell? If it was, wouldn't there be more pokemon in this world rather than one sole pokemon? And Cyrus.

I thought at one time the distortion world was called Mirror world too.

I wasn't pointing fingers.
*narrows eyes and scratches chin*
Suspicious...

Although it would be great if we found out what exactly that 'violence' was and why Giratina did it.
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
Official Volcarona of the Black 2 Board! *Quiver Dances it up*
#72Brandon042487Posted 7/22/2012 1:49:48 PM
abcDSBT posted...
Brandon042487 posted...
abcDSBT posted...
The closest thing we have to a devil Pokemon is Houndoom, who is a hellhound, anyway.

Giratina is the master of antimatter and is only aggressive to keep its realm safe, because without the Distortion World, the regular world would not exist and vise-versa.

While the Platinum dex entry says it was banished for its violence, that doesn't make it a parallel to Satan.

Eh I never wanted to say Giratina was the parallel of Satan

I was only stating that his story seemed to have the somewhat same context as the story when God banished Satan from the heavens.

That's the only similarity I see between the two beings.

As for people saying the Distortion world being Hell? If it was, wouldn't there be more pokemon in this world rather than one sole pokemon? And Cyrus.

I thought at one time the distortion world was called Mirror world too.

I wasn't pointing fingers.
*narrows eyes and scratches chin*
Suspicious...

Although it would be great if we found out what exactly that 'violence' was and why Giratina did it.

I'd like to hear that story too. Maybe he resented Arceus for not giving him a great power like controlling time or space.
---
Time... line?
Time isn't made of lines! It is made of circles. That is why clocks are round.
#73BackwardCapPosted 7/22/2012 2:32:33 PM(edited)
Based on all of the evidence given, I can totally see Giratina as the Lucifer counterpart to Arceus' god status. Especially since he runs an entirely alternate plan of existence beyond time and space.

Also, now that I look at him, the wing design in Giratina's altered form kind of hints towards a "fallen angel" motif.
#74Hejiru206Posted 7/22/2012 2:41:30 PM
Arceus isn't the Christian God in any way, so why does he need a Lucifer counterpart?

C'mon people, this is as bad as the "Light type" argument.
---
My theory on why Mario is suddenly obsessed with coins: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/667819-new-super-mario-bros-2/63088657
#75RoketomanPosted 7/22/2012 3:11:45 PM
Hejiru206 posted...
Arceus isn't the Christian God in any way, so why does he need a Lucifer counterpart?

C'mon people, this is as bad as the "Light type" argument.

Many cultures have Creation/Creator stories. And actually many have characters with similar traits as Lucifer. Giratina was banished by Arceus and has a Dragon form and a serpent like form. Both of which Lucifer has been attributed to having as well.

Doesn't mean Giratina is the devil. But some inspirations were taken from him in the design and back story of Giratina.
---
Christ is Lord
#76NowujaloPosted 7/22/2012 8:01:29 PM
Hejiru206 posted...
Giratina has more in common with Satan than Delibird has with Santa? You can't be serious. There aren't similarities. You just made it seem that way by stretching the facts.

God creates Lucifer, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
Arceus creates Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

I... wuh... how are these things even comparable?! First of all, you're trying to connect Arceus to God again. Secondly, even if your Giratina=Lucifer theory is true, Dialga and Palkia are not Jesus and the Holy Spirit in any way. It's completely separate. Not to mention Arceus created Dialga, Palkia and Giratina simultaneously, as a trio. Lucifer was created eons before Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and not a trio at all. If you're trying to draw a connection to the Holy Trinity, that's God the father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. That doesn't work with the Sinnoh legendaries at all.

Futhermore, the Distortion World is not a prison. You're speculating. The Distortion World is a balance for our world, like the other side of a coin. Again, this does not describe hell at all. Apples and oranges. Actually more like apples and shoelaces. Let me quote the actual game here. This is what Cyrus says when you meet him in the Distortion World:

... The shadowy Pokémon isn't here. It abandoned me here, then disappeared somewhere farther down... Was it content to merely interfere with my plan...? Incidentally, do you understand the concept of genes?
... If it's true, you've impressed me. Genes can be considered the blueprints of all life-forms. That includes humans and Pokémon alike. Genes are contained in a DNA strand. A DNA strand consists of 2 chains of opposing characteristics in a spiral. If one of the chains were to be broken, the other could replicate it. One or the other cannot exist without its opposite. Do you understand where I am going with this? This is a bizarre world. Time doesn't flow. Space isn't stable. Only that shadowy Pokémon lives here. This world is the opposite of our world-- our world I wish to change. It is like the two chains composing the strand of DNA. The two worlds must be balancing each other to remain in existence. Without one, the other cannot exist. The shadowy Pokémon must play a role in keeping the worlds in balance. That is why it must have interfered and brought me here. The shadowy Pokémon must have made this bizarre world. That's why trying to change our world disturbed it and made it reveal itself. But that is all irrelevant. What matters is defeating that Pokémon and making this world disappear. I won't allow it to interfere with me again. With it gone, neither world will be able to revert to its original state...

That's the point of Giratina. None of that resembles anything that Satan represents.

Also, I can't believe people are still playing the "Giratina = 666" card. That's just looking for random coincidences to explain a pet theory. Especially since the 666 thing doesn't even work when Giratina is in the form that you claim links it to Satan (Despite many, many Pokemon having serpentine bodies.) Empoleon has six toes, six chest "laces" and six claws under its wings. Does that make it the devil?

We already have a solid origin and purpose for Giratina, as evidence by Platinum, the HGSS Arceus event, and Junichi Masuda's comments. Trying to squeeze western religion into it is pretty flimsy.

Seriously this topic should have ended at this post and I applaud the poster for not only citing his source but "putting his money where his mouth is".
I not saying people cant draw similarities between Satan and Giratina but when the try to claim it as fact when we have official confirmations on the subject is stupid.
---
The Boss: Jack Kill Me
Naked Snake: I can't!, I'm trying to get the "No Kill Trophy" on European Extreme
#77Mufufu_MasterPosted 7/22/2012 10:31:18 PM
ITT: Debating over a book that has been rewritten and retranslated with bias hundreds of times.
---
||Call me Mufufu.|| Add me on Steam!
Currently stalking: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
#78GalladetheGreatPosted 7/22/2012 10:34:48 PM
Successful topic, Calamity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zr7iv.jpg
#79scrappybristolPosted 7/22/2012 10:37:04 PM
Dunsparce = Jesus?
---
Official Troll Rater
My hypocrisy only goes so far
#80Great_STreasurePosted 7/22/2012 10:45:56 PM
GalladetheGreat posted...
Successful topic, Calamity.

I guess it is, for two reasons which should be obvious in the first post.
---
Official DNA Link Pin of the Pokemon Boards (I am useful)
"Cantina Band" is a rather fitting song for the board's shenanigans.