This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shards.

#11ares9090Posted 7/20/2012 2:13:02 AM
AzureHuntress posted...
ares9090 posted...
Dust Clouds in the new caves are your best bet.

Is it a guaranteed shard every time, because if not, then I'm afraid it's far from "my best bet" as you put it.

Also, Max Repels are NEVER to be considered a "best bet". They're far from efficient and Super Repels are much a better choice.

No, you are mot guaranteed a shard, but the probabilities of getting one are higher than old caves, the Pokemon in the clouds are rarely found and evolution stones or elemental gems are extremely rare to find there.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black FC Ares 0389 8392 9652
Dream World Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#12AzureHuntress(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 2:13:08 AM
Lexifox posted...
AFAIK, there is no limit to how many shards you can farm through the forfeits. You can enter and quit all day erry day and still get a shard.

Awesome.

Sounds like Black 2 and White 2 are shaping up to be the best of the series, yet.
---
"You're dressed as a chicken. What are you ... what are ... what are you going to do, dressed as a chicken?"
~ Jasper, Fable III
#13mtpfreakPosted 7/20/2012 2:14:25 AM
ares9090 posted...

Is it a guaranteed shard every time, because if not, then I'm afraid it's far from "my best bet" as you put it.

Also, Max Repels are NEVER to be considered a "best bet". They're far from efficient and Super Repels are much a better choice.

It's probably the fastest way you'll get to grabbing shards in the game.
It's not a guaranteed shard though, you'll run into plenty of Drilbur and Onyx doing this.
You might also pull the occasional evolution stone but I'm not sure.

Also FYI, if you do the Join Avenue stuff and get a high enough ranking avenue and mart stall, you can get Max Repels for waaaay cheaper than Super Repels.
---
A better signature coming soon
#14AzureHuntress(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 2:15:16 AM
ares9090 posted...
AzureHuntress posted...
ares9090 posted...

No, you are mot guaranteed a shard, but the probabilities of getting one are higher than old caves, the Pokemon in the clouds are rarely found and evolution stones or elemental gems are extremely rare to find there.

Well, then why would I consider using it to farm shards, when I can just do what Lexifox said and forfeit matches in the World Tournament, where getting shards is guaranteed?
---
"You're dressed as a chicken. What are you ... what are ... what are you going to do, dressed as a chicken?"
~ Jasper, Fable III
#15banjo kazooiePosted 7/20/2012 2:17:22 AM
mtpfreak posted...
ares9090 posted...

It's probably the fastest way you'll get to grabbing shards in the game.
It's not a guaranteed shard though, you'll run into plenty of Drilbur and Onyx doing this.
You might also pull the occasional evolution stone but I'm not sure.

Also FYI, if you do the Join Avenue stuff and get a high enough ranking avenue and mart stall, you can get Max Repels for waaaay cheaper than Super Repels.

Ooh, that reminds me, you can buy them en masse from Join Avenue if you get it high up enough. There's a daily restriction, but the quantities are large.
---
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth.
#16CornwallacePosted 7/20/2012 3:24:14 AM
Use an Amulent Coin and buy a lot of Max Repels. Who cares if Super Repels save you a few pokedollars? Taking an extra 50 steps is totally worth it before the game stops you and asks to use another one.
---
White 2 FC - 2495 0512 4373
0 line break(s), 94 characters allowed
#17banjo kazooiePosted 7/20/2012 3:34:41 AM
Cornwallace posted...
Use an Amulent Coin and buy a lot of Max Repels. Who cares if Super Repels save you a few pokedollars? Taking an extra 50 steps is totally worth it before the game stops you and asks to use another one.

A few? The difference is ridiculous. Those 50 extra steps make the price, like, two fifths higher.
---
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth.
#18harley2280Posted 7/20/2012 6:18:03 AM
You sound like a dick dude. Stop being so condescending to everyone trying to help you.
---
"Hail to the King Baby."
Plat FC - 2407 6584 1961 SS FC - 1591 7102 9304
#19mtpfreakPosted 7/20/2012 6:37:10 AM

The price difference between the Super Repels and Max Repels is very significant actually.

200 Super Repels at 500 each will cost 100,000 and give you 40000 steps
160 Max Repels at 700 each will cost 112,000 and give you 40000 steps also.

You'll pay 12,000 more for the same number of steps.

If you have access to the Join Avenue Max Repel Bundle though, you can make crazy savings.
Say for example, a bundle of 48 Max Repels at a 20% discount.
Normally this would cost 33600, but with the discount you get it for 26880, or 560 per Max Repel.
There's even a maximum discount of 40% for 20160, just 420 per Max Repel!
---
A better signature coming soon
#20Biggie36Posted 7/20/2012 7:25:49 AM
Losing the world tournament gives u shards
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9