This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So far,what are all the canon deaths in the poke series?

#41Stover46Posted 7/22/2012 9:14:50 AM

Where was the World Tournament stated to be canon? At least the first part is, but the second part? I'm not sure about that one.

Yeah, this. If the later parts were canon, everybody should've gotten new sprites and such due to it being years later.

Cynthia mentions the World Champions tourney in B/W
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749
http://i.imgur.com/L6vPI.jpg
#42Shadow Flare13Posted 7/22/2012 9:30:11 AM
People stating that every Ghost Pokemon counts:

Not true. Just because they are Ghost type, doesn't mean they are actual ghosts of something that used to be alive. Gastly is pretty much just floating toxic gas that takes a ghostly form. I don't think it's ever stated that Haunter or Gengar are "real" ghosts anyways, more like shadows come to life.

Case in point, Banette. It is (supposedly) a child's toy that got thrown away that became possessed. For the most part, Ghost types could be considered species that are analogous to ghosts, but because they can breed and such, it wouldn't make sense for them to be ghosts in the sense of the spirit of a dead person.

Not to mention, wth would Rotom be a ghost of? And does your Snorunt die when you use a Shiny Stone on it?

The only Ghost Pokemon that has been canonically noted as an actual ghost (according to the Pokedex at least) is Yamask and the fact that it can breed implies some pretty ****ed up things.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon FireRed Nuzlocke [Charizard, Vileplume, Persian, Seadra, Hitmonlee, Raichu] Lvl 38, 5 comrades lost
#43Rupin_SalesmanPosted 7/22/2012 9:33:26 AM
Anyone who was unlucky in Skyla's gym.
---
Shield-eaters and world leaders have many likes alike.
#44DakotaDustyPosted 7/22/2012 10:41:11 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Anyone who was unlucky in Skyla's gym.

Good one XD
---
Hello guys, it's me, Bakura! I've been stalking you for the past five episodes. I hope that doesn't seem too suspicious.
#45GrahamNumberPosted 7/22/2012 11:31:45 PM
Ash died at least twice, when that lamp fell on him on the haunted mansion, and when mewtwo turned him to stone.
#46Bunny Destiny 2Posted 7/23/2012 2:04:57 AM
Shadow Flare13 posted...
And does your Snorunt die when you use a Shiny Stone on it?

The only Ghost Pokemon that has been canonically noted as an actual ghost (according to the Pokedex at least) is Yamask and the fact that it can breed implies some pretty ****ed up things.

Shedinja too.
---
The moon is made of chocolate
#47game2002Posted 7/23/2012 6:49:20 AM
Shedinja is actually an empty Nincada shell that came to life.
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!
#48bwburke94Posted 7/23/2012 10:32:45 AM
The only death is Alder's dead Pokémon.

Blue's Raticate did not die.
J did not die.
Cyrus did not die.
---
Unofficial N of the Pokemon Black & White 2 boards.
Unofficial Steve of the Pikmin board.
#49MaetchPosted 7/23/2012 10:39:29 AM
Shadow Flare13 posted...

Then again, the Pokedex entries tend to fluctuate between "reasonable" and "complete hyperbole".
#50Blazekicker27Posted 7/23/2012 10:50:10 AM
bwburke94 posted...
The only death is Alder's dead Pokémon.

Blue's Raticate did not die.
J did not die.
Cyrus did not die.

So Pokemon Tower, Mt. Pyre, Lost Tower, and Celestial Tower don't count? And Cubone's mother, Latios, and Lucario died as well. So did the Old Chateau and Marvelous Bridge ghosts.

Shadow Flare13 posted...

Either the Yamask is formed from a spirit that already passed on...or this:
http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=041811
---
Blaziken - the ORIGINAL Fire/Fighting starter.