The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Dumb things you did the first time you played Pokemon

#1Sweet_AdelinePosted 8/3/2012 7:47:08 AM
(On the original Blue version)

- I exclusively used offensive moves for every Poke, because I was too young and stupid to figure out that there were so many effective strategies that utilized things like status changes.

- I'd have like 3 Fire-type moves on my Charizard, for example. Complete overkill.

- This isn't really my fault since the interwebz wasn't as established then, but every time a Poke would learn a new move, I would overwrite another move every time, because I had no idea what the new move did.

- Used the Master Ball on a Snorlax, as I was unaware that the three birds and Mewtwo existed... >.>

- I had 2 boxes full of Chancey's, because...well, I don't really know why I had 2 boxes full of Chancey's.
---
Official Current Events TinyChat: www.tinychat.com/aacurrentevents
SF 49ers - Stanford Cardinal - SF Giants
#2JediNarutoPosted 8/3/2012 7:50:57 AM
In Silver version when the Police officer asked me what the Rival's name was, I put ??? cause I thought I would get arrested for lying to the police.
#3gamemaster712Posted 8/3/2012 8:10:12 AM(edited)
-just one, thinking hyper beam on any final Pokemon is enough to OHKO Lance's Pokemon...didn't go too well... type matchup later proved much more useful.

- not realizing that Amnesia is epic to have on Mewtwo... in 1st gen.

- trained Onix in silver to level 50 before 6th gym, not realizing i need the metal coat + link trade...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#4Crater452Posted 8/3/2012 7:53:14 AM
Wow i can relate. for me i had like a level 80 scyther and i really wanted a scizor so i blindly kept leveling him up thinking he would evolve. turns out a trade was required which annoyed me since no one i knew had the game let alone a damn link cable. *facepalm*
---
Don't read this
#5mralpha543Posted 8/3/2012 7:54:45 AM
-Trained only 3 Pokemon.

-Spent hours trying to get past the old dude in Viridian city

-Tried to get Nurse Joy to say something else

-KO'd Zapdos because i thought it was a Fearow (or some other bird)

-Used Charizard as an HM Slave, it had one fire move.
---
I am the Official Dusclops of the Pokemon B/W2 boards
Rocket Professor Al ~ R ~ Support Elesa!
#6LOGlCPosted 8/3/2012 7:59:03 AM(edited)
I caught a Pidgey with a Masterball.

I believe this was in Yellow Version. I had no clue what a Masterball was at the time, but I wanted to test it out and I figured I could always get more. I didn't believe it could catch anything 100% so I had to test it myself.

I also believed that If I talked to my Mom 100 times in a row, she would have some special dialogue relating to Team Rocket.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE
What Samurott should look like: http://gallery.neoseeker.com/SwampertLover/photostream/25699013
#7Sweet_Adeline(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 7:58:46 AM
mralpha543 posted...
--Used Charizard as an HM Slave, it had one fire move.

XD
---
Official Current Events TinyChat: www.tinychat.com/aacurrentevents
SF 49ers - Stanford Cardinal - SF Giants
#8Super_Shadow323Posted 8/3/2012 8:01:32 AM
My first game was SS. Three things.

-I chose Chikorita

-When the officer asked for my rival's name I was confused because I didn't actually know it. And the Officer asked the default thing and was like, "Is his name Heart?" And I figured his guess was better than mine so my Rival's name was Heart.

-I thought Machop evolved into Squirtle. So when Machop evolved and got all buff, and grew four arms, I was wondering what the **** happened to my Squirtle.
---
I hope FFX HD makes it to the 360.
#9pikachupwnagePosted 8/3/2012 8:02:34 AM
Truth be told not much dumb.

And I was 4.
---
Ching Ching! Gold flower yay! Coin coin coin coin coin-The NSMB2 effect.
Official Special ops beserker general/Virtual patrolman of the NDF
#10Meech55Posted 8/3/2012 8:07:00 AM
Sweet_Adeline posted...
(On the original Blue version)

- I exclusively used offensive moves for every Poke, because I was too young and stupid to figure out that there were so many effective strategies that utilized things like status changes.

I still do this...in-game, anyway lol.
---
I have no signature.