This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Old is too 'Old' to play Pokemon?

#71glory of power metalPosted 8/19/2012 8:28:03 PM
No one's asking the important questions. What caused you to decide to get married at 23? As a fellow 23 year old it absolutely blows my mind.

Anyway, age alone isn't a great factor to determine if you should stop playing Pokemon. Me personally, I have nothing against the games or older people who play them, but I've personally been sick of the series for about a year or two now. Don't think I'll ever get back into it, but I started with RBY. It's not the fact that I'm a 23 year old adult that causes me to shy away, it's the fact that I've been playing the games consistently for the last 10+ years and really feel that I have better things to do with my time, even if it's just playing a different game.
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#72Onslaught993Posted 8/19/2012 8:29:25 PM
EnragedSlith posted...
Anything older than 16 is too old if you want to get laid.

I have a girlfriend and she and I both still like Pokemon, just a week ago she bought me a Pikachu plush! Always a girl for a guy even if you play Pokemon, just gotta be strong and find each other, if a girl doesn't like the fact that you play Pokemon she probably isn't worth it.
#73SimPlusPosted 8/19/2012 8:30:25 PM
My wife played them well into her twenties. From afar, the gameplay looks a bit repetitive or maybe too grind-y. But I've never played any of them so I can't quite judge.

But how old is too old to play these games? Never. Are we really in need of the ESRB to put some maximal age to play some game? "You want to buy Pokemon RainbowEarth42? Show me some ID to make sure you're not above the age limit!" "But it's a gift for my son!"

Like kisame847 said, at some point you have to stop worrying about what other people will think. You have to make up your own mind by yourself. Stop playing these games if you will, but let it be because you have grown bored of those games or because you don't like them anymore or you found better better games to play, but not because you're too old.
---
Bond: "Do you expect me to talk, Goldfinger?"
Goldfinger: "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."
#74Zero1476Posted 8/19/2012 8:31:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#75wind64aPosted 8/19/2012 8:35:22 PM

I'm impressed you married that early. I still haven't found the guy of my dreams IRL.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
Strifehart is my OTP.
#76Zero1476Posted 8/19/2012 8:39:53 PM
"Too old" is just a concept that society has made up. It has no real meaning. I can't answer your question if it has no definition.
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2113114412.png
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Zero147
#77En Sabah NurPosted 8/19/2012 8:43:51 PM
Maybe 10-12 years old? Somewhere around there.

A grown man playing Pokemon might as well be enjoying dolls or action figures. I don't hate the general premise of Pokemon or anything, I just think it's a childish series by nature.
---
Playing - Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, Walking Dead, Spec Ops, GR: FS, Lollipop Chainsaw, ASM, Skyrim, Starhawk, AC: Rev, Asura's Wrath, ME3, MAA
#78banjo kazooiePosted 8/19/2012 8:45:03 PM
ChernoBoi posted...
Lodiss posted...
wutzgood posted...
I'll be 32 next month and I don't see myself stopping any time unless they make it so you can't transfer old pokes to a new gen like gen2--->gen3. Then I'm quitting for sure.

I think you're like at the cutoff point. I'm 32 as well and I never got into it, but a guy I know my age at the time had Pokemon Stadium back in the day. Only thing Pokemon related I ever played, and I played it one time.

I think that it depends how old you were when the franchise was invented. Like if you were over 21 when Pokemon Yellow was first released and the show was first on the air, you were too old for it then and you're too old for it now.

Just my opinion, not trying to judge anyone.

Unless you are a girl.

Girls could probably get away with it, for guys its kinda demeaning.

I enjoy having zero responsibility now, drinking, generally being a college bachelor, but at some point I'm gonna have to grow up and be a man, I acknowledge that fact but it doesn't mean I cant enjoy the present.

Honestly, every time you open your mouth I hate you even more.
---
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth.
#79ifritspardaPosted 8/19/2012 8:50:57 PM(edited)
Enslaving powerful monsters who fight for your glory and profit is an activity that appeals to all ages...
---
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki
#80ChernoBoiPosted 8/19/2012 8:49:09 PM
banjo kazooie posted...
ChernoBoi posted...
Lodiss posted...
wutzgood posted...
I'll be 32 next month and I don't see myself stopping any time unless they make it so you can't transfer old pokes to a new gen like gen2--->gen3. Then I'm quitting for sure.

I think you're like at the cutoff point. I'm 32 as well and I never got into it, but a guy I know my age at the time had Pokemon Stadium back in the day. Only thing Pokemon related I ever played, and I played it one time.

I think that it depends how old you were when the franchise was invented. Like if you were over 21 when Pokemon Yellow was first released and the show was first on the air, you were too old for it then and you're too old for it now.

Just my opinion, not trying to judge anyone.

Unless you are a girl.

Girls could probably get away with it, for guys its kinda demeaning.

I enjoy having zero responsibility now, drinking, generally being a college bachelor, but at some point I'm gonna have to grow up and be a man, I acknowledge that fact but it doesn't mean I cant enjoy the present.

Honestly, every time you type with your fingers I hate you even more.

*corrected
---
White FC: 3740 5998 1411