This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Pokemon real?

#1SalsaSavantPosted 8/22/2012 6:04:14 PM
So, if there are infinite possible universes, does tht mean that somewhere out there is a world where Pokemon exist, or a world made up entirely of cheese puffs?

But then again, these things would imply that physics are malleable between worlds. If that were the case, somewhere in some world some omnicidal maniac, henceforth refered to as "an ass", would have used the altered physics to destroy all worlds. Since there are infinite worlds with infinite possibilities, there is a 100% chance that this would happen in some reality.

The fact that said ass has yet to destroy our world suggests that physics are consistant, and that such a power is consistantly impossible.

There are other explanations, though. One is that, while physics are malleable between worlds, there are certain universals beteen them all and such a power is impossible. While this doesn't count out the Pokemon and cheese puff worlds, it certainly does make them less likely.

Another is that the power the ass unleashes will be restricted to the physics of the worlds it is destroying, and will thus be stopped somewhere where such a feat is impossible. I think this possibility is my favorite. It has the best ratio of Pokemon realness to fiery death.
---
This is a sig.
People who agree: 5
#2SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 6:05:21 PM
tldr?
Pokemon are real, and we're all going to die.
---
This is a sig.
#3MileRunPosted 8/22/2012 6:05:34 PM
To put it simply, no.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#4-Liquid_Snale-Posted 8/22/2012 6:47:51 PM
no there's only universes, this one and the cowboy one.
---
Craaaab people Craaaab people Craaaab people Craaaab people Craaaab people
#5Jarred623Posted 8/22/2012 6:53:26 PM
Yes.
Unless you're an existentialist, there's no way pokemon can not exist for you to even come up with the idea. The very idea would be real in your head, therefor making pokemon real.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
#6Flamingcow99Posted 8/22/2012 6:54:17 PM
There's a universe where this topic would have 500 posts.
---
Poll: (E(:{)) Mario:34 or Kirby:48 (>'-')>
(>'-')>=={#} ...I've got nothing. Just pretend there's something funny here.
#7SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 6:55:17 PM
Flamingcow99 posted...
There's a universe where this topic would have 500 posts.

Let's make it this one! Let's both start spamming it, keeping it at the top!
---
This is a sig.
#8DoktoroktopusPosted 8/22/2012 6:58:38 PM
But then again, these things would imply that physics are malleable between worlds. If that were the case, somewhere in some world some omnicidal maniac, henceforth refered to as "an ass", would have used the altered physics to destroy all worlds. Since there are infinite worlds with infinite possibilities, there is a 100% chance that this would happen in some reality.

Then how are you making this post?

The fact that said ass has yet to destroy our world suggests that physics are consistant, and that such a power is consistantly impossible.

So saying something, and then contradicting yourself immediately is acceptable to TC?

There are other explanations, though. One is that, while physics are malleable between worlds, there are certain universals beteen them all and such a power is impossible. While this doesn't count out the Pokemon and cheese puff worlds, it certainly does make them less likely.

But you said 100% chance that there are infinite worlds with infinite possibilities? Aren't these realities accounted for?

Another is that the power the ass unleashes will be restricted to the physics of the worlds it is destroying, and will thus be stopped somewhere where such a feat is impossible. I think this possibility is my favorite. It has the best ratio of Pokemon realness to fiery death.

Hm. That actually makes sense.
---
Cyrus is playing Dungeon Siege III for some reason!
#9UmuruPosted 8/22/2012 9:17:28 PM
-Liquid_Snale- posted...
no there's only universes, this one and the cowboy one.

Only until someone creates a Parallel Universe Box. :s
#10TiamatKillerPosted 8/22/2012 10:00:08 PM
Not until the Japanese genetically create them.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM