This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the official names for each video game Pokemon Trainer?

#1SuperDS22Posted 8/22/2012 9:29:32 PM
I've got holes in my list and need help filling them in. I marked them with "?".

Game: Name of Hero/Name of Heroin

Red: Red
Blue: Blue
Yellow: Ash(?)
Green: ?
Gold: Gold
Silver: Silver
Crystal: ?/?
R,S,E: Brandon/May
FR,LG: Red/?
Colosseum: ?
DX GoD: ?
D,P,Pl: ?/Dawn
B,W: ?/?
B2,W2: ?/?
---
<-- This guy is TOTALLY not a spy.
#2scrappybristolPosted 8/22/2012 9:32:45 PM
Gen 1: Red
Gen 2: Gold or Ethan/Kris
Gen 3: Brendan/May
Gen 4: Lucas/Dawn
Gen 5: Hilbert/Hilda and Unknown localized male/ Unknown localized female
---
I've not yet begun to defile myself.
Haxorus, the Axe Jaw Pokemon.
#3MileRunPosted 8/22/2012 9:37:46 PM
Kanto male: Red
Kanto female: I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but it's commonly accepted to be "Leaf."

Johto male: Ethan
Johto female: Lyra

Hoenn male: Brendan
Hoenn female: May

Sinnoh male: Lucas
Sinnoh female: Dawn

Unova male: Hilbert
Unova female: Hilda

The new set of protagonists don't have English names yet, but their Japanese names are Kyouhei (male) and Mei (female).
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#4HeroicMimePosted 8/22/2012 9:55:05 PM
Colosseum: Wes
XD GoD: Michael
#5CharizardFirePosted 8/22/2012 9:55:37 PM
Red/Blue/Yellow: Red/Yellow/Ash/Jack
Gold/Silver/Crystal (male character): Gold/Hiro/Taylor/Karl/Silver/Kamon/Oscar/Max/Chris/Matt/Allan/Jon
Crystal (female character): Kris/Amanda/Juana/Jodi
R/S/E (male character): Brendan
R/S/E (female character): May
FR/LG (male character): Red/Yellow/Ash/Jack
FR/LG (female character): no official name
Colosseum: Wes/Seth/Thomas
XD: Michael/David/Adam/Gabriel
D/P/Pt (male character): Lucas
D/P/Pt (female character): Dawn
HG/SS (male character): Ethan
HG/SS (female character): Lyra
B/W (male character): Herbert
B/W (female character): Hilda
B2/W2: We don't know yet

*For Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Colosseum, and Pokémon XD, the selectable default names are used.
*For Red, Blue, and Yellow, the selectable default names are taken from Red and Yellow, as the selectable default names from Blue match the selectable default names for the rival in Red and Yellow.
*For Gold, Silver, and Crystal, the selectable default names for the male character are taken from all three versions.
*For the male character in FireRed and LeafGreen, the selectable default names from Red and Yellow are used, since there are no selectable default names for the player character in FireRed, LeafGreen, or any game from Gens 4 and 5.
*For the female character in FireRed and LeafGreen, since there are no selectable default names for the player character in FireRed and LeafGreen, and the gender you didn't pick never makes an appearance in the game, no names are selected.
*For Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, the name of the character that you didn't pick is used. In R/S/E, the gender you didn't pick is your rival.
*For Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, the name of the character that you didn't pick is used. In D/P/Pt, the gender you didn't pick is Professor Rowan's assistant.
*For HeartGold and SoulSilver, the name of the character that you didn't pick is used. In HG/SS, the gender you didn't pick is the grandchild of the Day Care couple.
*For Black and White, the name of the character that you didn't pick is used. In B/W, the gender you didn't pick is your Battle Subway partner.
*For Black 2 and White 2, we don't know what the names would be since the English versions didn't come out yet.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#6MileRunPosted 8/22/2012 10:09:26 PM
CharizardFire posted...
Red/Blue/Yellow: Red/Yellow/Ash/Jack
Gold/Silver/Crystal (male character): Gold/Hiro/Taylor/Karl/Silver/Kamon/Oscar/Max/Chris/Matt/Allan/Jon
Crystal (female character): Kris/Amanda/Juana/Jodi
R/S/E (male character): Brendan
R/S/E (female character): May
FR/LG (male character): Red/Yellow/Ash/Jack
FR/LG (female character): no official name
Colosseum: Wes/Seth/Thomas
XD: Michael/David/Adam/Gabriel
D/P/Pt (male character): Lucas
D/P/Pt (female character): Dawn
HG/SS (male character): Ethan
HG/SS (female character): Lyra
B/W (male character): Herbert
B/W (female character): Hilda
B2/W2: We don't know yet

*For Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Colosseum, and Pokémon XD, the selectable default names are used.
*For Red, Blue, and Yellow, the selectable default names are taken from Red and Yellow, as the selectable default names from Blue match the selectable default names for the rival in Red and Yellow.
*For Gold, Silver, and Crystal, the selectable default names for the male character are taken from all three versions.
*For the male character in FireRed and LeafGreen, the selectable default names from Red and Yellow are used, since there are no selectable default names for the player character in FireRed, LeafGreen, or any game from Gens 4 and 5.
*For the female character in FireRed and LeafGreen, since there are no selectable default names for the player character in FireRed and LeafGreen, and the gender you didn't pick never makes an appearance in the game, no names are selected.
*For Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, the name of the character that you didn't pick is used. In R/S/E, the gender you didn't pick is your rival.
*For Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, the name of the character that you didn't pick is used. In D/P/Pt, the gender you didn't pick is Professor Rowan's assistant.
*For HeartGold and SoulSilver, the name of the character that you didn't pick is used. In HG/SS, the gender you didn't pick is the grandchild of the Day Care couple.
*For Black and White, the name of the character that you didn't pick is used. In B/W, the gender you didn't pick is your Battle Subway partner.
*For Black 2 and White 2, we don't know what the names would be since the English versions didn't come out yet.

Red's name was pretty much confirmed to be Red when you face him in GSC, and re-confirmed when you encounter him in HGSS.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#7SuperDS22(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 1:11:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8SuperDS22(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 1:15:17 AM
Many thanks.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/1/15/Medic_specialcompleted-assistedkill01.wav
---
<-- This guy is TOTALLY not a spy.
#9ssj_duelistPosted 8/23/2012 1:25:20 AM
Official names

R/B/Y/FR/LG: Red and Leaf
G/S/C/HG/SS: Ethan and Lyra (was Gold and Kris, now retconned)
R/S/E: Brendan and May
D/P/Pt: Lucas and Dawn
B/W: Hilbert and Hilda
Colosseum: Wes
XD: Michael
---
Currently anticipating October's: Resident Evil 6 (2nd), Pokemon Black 2/White 2 (12th), Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (19th) and 007 Legends (19th).