This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Check your local Target Stores!

#151Genocide0075Posted 10/3/2012 3:03:20 AM
GRLPH posted...
I don't believe TC. I work at Target; our system won't allow any sales on Pokemon B/W 2 until the sale date, October 7th.

I also question this! and if you work at Target you would know that they would have to No Barcode it for the sale to work.
#152TRKeliaPosted 10/3/2012 3:14:11 AM
Could it be possible that in certain areas the system is messed up, therefore the system is allowing Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 to be sold a week before the release date? I am going off the top of my head there, but I remember people (or someone) posting that some Targets are claiming there's no release date in the system, or that the release date is NOT October 7th.

Right now, I am getting the impression that Target's system is a bit...well...all over the place.

Someone here posted a picture of White 2 with the receipt. Do all Nintendo DS games normally ring up as DS Game? It is has been awhile since I bought any video games at Target.

Not doubting you, of course, but I like to ask questions to get a clearer image, or story.
#153Genocide0075Posted 10/3/2012 3:29:49 AM(edited)
TRKelia posted...
Could it be possible that in certain areas the system is messed up, therefore the system is allowing Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 to be sold a week before the release date? I am going off the top of my head there, but I remember people (or someone) posting that some Targets are claiming there's no release date in the system, or that the release date is NOT October 7th.

Right now, I am getting the impression that Target's system is a bit...well...all over the place.

Someone here posted a picture of White 2 with the receipt. Do all Nintendo DS games normally ring up as DS Game? It is has been awhile since I bought any video games at Target.

Not doubting you, of course, but I like to ask questions to get a clearer image, or story.

Depending on the person who rings it . IF it doesn't scan they can just put the department number for DS Game or electronics,then some 0's ,then just put in the price. I have yet to see a receipt posted on here Id like to see it myself.

Found it if anyone else doesnt feel like looking.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/xxteargodxx/423D4DFC-CD88-4DDF-80FE-4C730467B4CD-12383-0000027D6685AFC4.jpg

That is the dpci for pokemon white 2. So I dont think the systems stopping it from being rung up.
#154TRKeliaPosted 10/3/2012 3:41:23 AM
Genocide0075 posted...
TRKelia posted...

Depending on the person who rings it . IF it doesn't scan they can just put the department number for DS Game or electronics,then some 0's ,then just put in the price. I have yet to see a receipt posted on here Id like to see it myself.

Found it if anyone else doesnt feel like looking.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/xxteargodxx/423D4DFC-CD88-4DDF-80FE-4C730467B4CD-12383-0000027D6685AFC4.jpg

That is the dpci for pokemon white 2. So I dont think the systems stopping it from being rung up.

Thanks for answering.

The fact that the games are being able to ring up in certain stores gives me the impression that something is wrong, such as an error or lack of information in the system. I am not so sure if the system depends on the area, or what. I do not work at Target, and it has been awhile since I have worked in retail.

A user on another forum I visit posted seeing the games on the shelves at Target, but having the system refuse the sale because of the street date.This is why I think the issue is only happening in certain stores.

I meant to find the image. =)
#155Missingno_MastrPosted 10/3/2012 4:44:15 AM
I went to my local Target in the morning yesterday,
I could not buy the games early, much to my dismay.
It's not so much they wouldn't sell 'em- it's that they weren't there.
But I'll just get it this Sunday, so I don't really care.
---
I can help a dull day go by so much faster,
For I'm the rhyming fiend known as Missingno. Master.
#1560_PoKeRuS_0Posted 10/3/2012 5:20:30 AM
My local Target had them out, but when they went to ring it up it said "This item cannot be sold until 10/7" and they had to remove them from the shelves. It won't kill me to wait, but it appears Target's system is messed up.
---
Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks? - Brittany, GLEE -
#157RoccoRedPosted 10/4/2012 8:35:50 PM
I went to Target but they didn't have them, but apparently K-mart did.

But just like the person above me, they refused to sell it because it wasn't on its release date and had to put them all away in storage.

-_-
---
Xbox Live: KeroTenu
PKMN FC: 5415-5334-2248
#158ShinkuthewisePosted 10/4/2012 9:12:26 PM
The nearest Target is about 50 minutes from where I live.

I can wait till Sunday, especially when I can use my Employee discount.
#159BluesSoul617Posted 10/4/2012 9:43:22 PM
Well at least everyone here knows it's believable. I'm looking forward to playing Pokémon again after ditching Black 1 the same month it came out. I'm also glad that White 2 seems to be the preferable choice over Black 2 because I'm getting that.
---
Blues Soul 617
#160Inkydog26Posted 10/4/2012 9:46:37 PM
Went to Target today and they were stocked, but the clerks realize that they weren't supposed to be released and I didn't get to buy one. I did get Sonic Colors for $6 so it's not a big loss.