The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The street date has been lifted at Walmart.

#1Nate_DihldorffPosted 10/3/2012 10:55:10 AM
Just had an associate scan a copy and it does not prompt the grammatically incorrect "SELL NOT ALLOWED" screen, which indicates that the street date has been lifted. The shipping boxes still have "Do not sell before xyaddaxxxblah", so if a store got them already, odds are they are in the back so you'll have to get the associates to get them from the back.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#2PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/3/2012 11:02:18 AM
Yeah, because all Walmarts lifted the date. Because all Walmarts are going to do this and risk getting a violation regaurdless of weather the registers will or will not allow it.

Here's a hint, it still gets recorded in the system. If the upper management is that asinine, well, someone's losing a job. I'd like to think that some would be smart enough not to do that to themselves.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing DS, Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN)
#3hellslingerPosted 10/3/2012 11:08:53 AM
Yeah, because all Walmarts lifted the date. Because all Walmarts are going to do this and risk getting a violation regaurdless of weather the registers will or will not allow it.

Here's a hint, it still gets recorded in the system. If the upper management is that asinine, well, someone's losing a job. I'd like to think that some would be smart enough not to do that to themselves.

Because every store that breaks date will get fined and every person who sold it will get fired.

Yes those things do happen but not as often as you think.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Qf7Mh.jpg
#4Nate_Dihldorff(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 11:09:30 AM
Yes, actually, all Walmarts are doing it. Have them type these UPC#s in the register without going into item inquiry mode-

---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#5LightHawKnightPosted 10/3/2012 11:24:22 AM
hellslinger posted...

Because every store that breaks date will get fined and every person who sold it will get fired.

Yes those things do happen but not as often as you think.

The bigger the game, the better chance of it happening. Guess how big pokemon is.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6Savage_mudcrapPosted 10/3/2012 11:32:37 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
Yes, actually, all Walmarts are doing it. Have them type these UPC#s in the register without going into item inquiry mode-

lol
#7Second_ChancesPosted 10/3/2012 11:53:51 AM
Pkmn Tranier Abram posted...

The streetdates are nationwide in the store computers, it's all connected on the same network. If they scanned it with no issue at one, none will have the issue.
#8javel34Posted 10/3/2012 12:14:27 PM
Anyone try it yet?
---
White FC: 2967 4067 4216
#9MetuaPosted 10/3/2012 12:28:38 PM
I called my Walmart, and they said they didn't even have the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yKMR7.png
"lol you rly get me 'meteor' person"-Holy Flames
#10hellslingerPosted 10/3/2012 12:51:40 PM
I called my Walmart, and they said they didn't even have the game.

That I don't buy unless you live in basically the middle of nowhere.

Most retailers (at least major which walmart is) get shipments a week to even two before release date. Basically all games these days are street dated and not ship dated.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULCRM.jpg