This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The street date has been lifted at Walmart.

#21PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/3/2012 12:29:25 PM
MidnightCrew posted...
Why is it that whenever people post about getting this early, somebody gets really angry that they are buying it before release date and yells at them for not waiting. :I

If it's there in the store and the register allows them to buy it, it makes no sense for them to deprive themselves of the game. Furthermore it hurts none of you in the slightest that they buy and enjoy the game when they see it there.

The game isn't released where I live for another 9 days or so, but that doesn't mean I'm going to flip out at anybody who was fortunate enough to get theirs early. I'm a little jealous sure, but that's it. xD The instant you guys see another person get the game before you, suddenly that games are only sold to the public after their official release is something you deeply care about?

There's only one person in this topic even acting like that and you damn sure better not be including me in this rant. I'm being realistic, nothing more.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing DS, Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN)
#22MidnightCrewPosted 10/3/2012 12:31:29 PM
Pkmn Tranier Abram posted...
MidnightCrew posted...
Why is it that whenever people post about getting this early, somebody gets really angry that they are buying it before release date and yells at them for not waiting. :I

If it's there in the store and the register allows them to buy it, it makes no sense for them to deprive themselves of the game. Furthermore it hurts none of you in the slightest that they buy and enjoy the game when they see it there.

The game isn't released where I live for another 9 days or so, but that doesn't mean I'm going to flip out at anybody who was fortunate enough to get theirs early. I'm a little jealous sure, but that's it. xD The instant you guys see another person get the game before you, suddenly that games are only sold to the public after their official release is something you deeply care about?

There's only one person in this topic even acting like that and you damn sure better not be including me in this rant. I'm being realistic, nothing more.

Naw dude don't worry, I've seen it mainly in other topics, I wasn't talking about you. c: I guess this was a little rant-y for just one dude getting angry about it. Sorry guys~
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#23SeamusOHasseyPosted 10/3/2012 12:34:17 PM
I'm not saying people shouldn't get it early if it's being sold with no restrictions. I'm just saying people need to be patient, for the ones who are trying to get people to sell it early even though they can't or aren't willing.

He's technically right though. No one that can't get away with selling it early is going to sell it early. Unless they are stupid.

Of course I'm right. I'm just saying, people are impatient.
---
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
http://regretfulmorning.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/nintendo.jpg
#24tsunamisurfer08Posted 10/3/2012 1:13:48 PM
Pkmn Tranier Abram posted...
And yes, you are right stock like this gets shipped weeks in advance. That doesn't mean that they are going to sell it just because they technically got it.

Our games and stuff usually come in on the Tuesday before release. And if I'm working at that point, even if it's cleared through the system I'm not selling it. I am a gamer and I am fully aware of release dates. If you want to try it on one of the other multiple people that have no idea wtf they are going, go right ahead. But I'm doing what I know is right.
---
"The sea has never been friendly to man. At most it has been the accomplice of human restlessness." -Joseph Conrad
http://youtu.be/_q6DDm-3urE
#25stormywatersPosted 10/3/2012 1:31:12 PM
Fail here. I walked in and noticed they had a spot for it but none on the shelf. A guy had a cardboard box and was putting out some games coincidentally so I decided it was worth a shot and asked him... he informed me it doesn't come out until the 7th :(
---
Nice up and coming podcast: www.UndergroundGeekNetwork.com
#26CarefreeDudePosted 10/3/2012 1:51:21 PM
I tried 3 different walmarts in 2 different states (because im a foreveralone with no life) and only at one walmart was I able to get them to pull out a copy, and at the register they got a message saying they couldn't sell it.
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#27Nate_Dihldorff(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 1:54:05 PM
I picked up both games and will provide pics as soon as I get home.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#28CarefreeDudePosted 10/3/2012 1:55:57 PM
Let's see proof... including the walmart receipt. There's no doubt somewhere broke street date... I just doubt walmart was that place.
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#29tsunamisurfer08Posted 10/3/2012 2:47:58 PM
CarefreeDude posted...
Let's see proof... including the walmart receipt. There's no doubt somewhere broke street date... I just doubt walmart was that place.

Oh, I could believe it. Out of my entire department counting every shift, only me and one other person actually know when things are supposed to go out. Everyone else if it'll scan, they will put it on a shelf. I lost count of how many times I had to go back and double check the games section to make sure nothing was placed ahead of time.
---
"The sea has never been friendly to man. At most it has been the accomplice of human restlessness." -Joseph Conrad
http://youtu.be/_q6DDm-3urE
#30Nate_Dihldorff(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:31:28 PM
If it's not supposed to be sold, then Walmart's system will prompt as such.

BTW- pics will be here shortly.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."