This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Day 1 without a preorder?

#1DNA_harpiePosted 10/3/2012 6:39:02 PM
So I have this game reserved at one gamestop but I realized I would be away and wouldn't be able to pick it up until Tuesday. I was thinking of just cancelling my preorder and going to buy this on day 1 at another gamestop near where I will be for the weekend but without a preorder. What are the chances I can get this day 1 without a preorder?
#2Mariofan15Posted 10/3/2012 6:40:01 PM
I'm positive you can get a copy. It wont run out,I'm sure.
---
0175-8937-2146 - Pokemon Black
#3HomeRowedPosted 10/3/2012 6:40:23 PM
This is a big release, so most stores are getting a lot of copies. You shouldn't have any problem picking this up at any store you go to, but it may be a good idea to get there early just in case.
---
HOME ROWED
they're not rocks, they're minerals
#4landsharkx619Posted 10/3/2012 6:41:09 PM
It'll be good to go in early when the store opens, at that time they could afford to give away copies, but it depends on how many pre-orders there are to give out first. I've done it when b/w was released
---
---
-Landshark, the reason you're afraid to go alone Pokemon White FC: 4127-0438-0978
#5LawLessLovePosted 10/3/2012 6:42:12 PM
Cancel the pre-order and pre-order at Target so you can get the gift card. Target gives you a week to pick it up.
---
Black FC is 5158 0180 6646
#6I2aVeNPosted 10/3/2012 6:42:30 PM
Depends on the city where you will be. Is it a retirement community or out in the boonies? Yes, you'll have a chance. If you will be in New York or California, fat chance.
---
The 3DS board - Weeaboos, everywhere!
#7QuagsireQingPosted 10/3/2012 7:01:04 PM
Yes, stores are getting lots of copies, but there are lots of pre-orders as well. My own store's launch day inventory is about 40% pre-ordered at the moment, and I'll be surprised if we don't sell out by the end of the day Sunday. My first and foremost suggestion is not to cancel your pre-order until after you have procured a copy. If you can't wait a couple days, and manage to get one on launch day, then you can cancel your pre-order when you get home.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#8DNA_harpie(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 7:10:27 PM
Thank you guys for all the responses. I have another question now. Does anyone know when gamestop stops accepting preorders? I would be able to go into that store Friday to preorder it but idk if that's too late. Anyone know?
#9cloud_8f8fPosted 10/3/2012 7:13:21 PM
DNA_harpie posted...
Thank you guys for all the responses. I have another question now. Does anyone know when gamestop stops accepting preorders? I would be able to go into that store Friday to preorder it but idk if that's too late. Anyone know?

I pre-oredered mine Monday.
---
Official Cloud Strife of the Dissidia Duodecim Board
Official Tepig of the B2W2 boards
#10I2aVeNPosted 10/3/2012 7:13:33 PM
DNA_harpie posted...

You can preorder up until a day before launch. Whether or not they are full on preorders for that shipment is another story.
---
The 3DS board - Weeaboos, everywhere!