This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you ate in an apple pie in a restaurant for many times...

#11Mistress_Zelda_Posted 10/3/2012 6:07:11 PM
PinnaPark posted...
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...
I LOVE apple pie! It's like, one of my favorite desserts EVER. :)

Me too! Pumpkin pie with a dash of cinnamon is also very delicious. And don't get me started on lemon meringue...

Aw man...it's fall now so I REALLY want pumpkin pie. :/ Mmm and warm, fresh made pumpkin muffins...

I also love strawberry milkshakes. Oo and chocolate lava cake. I also really like red velvet cake too.

Now I'm really craving sweets. XD
---
When skies are gray and you say you are blue,
I'll send the sun smiling through!
#12cloud_8f8fPosted 10/3/2012 6:09:29 PM

What?
---
Official Cloud Strife of the Dissidia Duodecim Board
Official Tepig of the B2W2 boards
#13PinnaParkPosted 10/3/2012 6:14:33 PM
PinnaPark posted...
I LOVE apple pie! It's like, one of my favorite desserts EVER. :)

Me too! Pumpkin pie with a dash of cinnamon is also very delicious. And don't get me started on lemon meringue...

Aw man...it's fall now so I REALLY want pumpkin pie. :/ Mmm and warm, fresh made pumpkin muffins...

I also love strawberry milkshakes. Oo and chocolate lava cake. I also really like red velvet cake too.

Now I'm really craving sweets. XD

Whenever it's fall, I always go out and buy some gingerbread cookies to celebrate. Gingersnaps if I can find them.

I've been craving for sweets this last week or so. Actually, I just bought a box of truffles today. They're full of saturated fats but oh - they're really a piece of heaven once put into your mouth.
#14FwahmPosted 10/3/2012 6:15:29 PM
Not a good comparison, as the pie gets consumed, so you need another in order to enjoy it more. If a new game gives more of the same, one can just play the old game.

Also, tasty food automatically triggers the pleasure parts of our brain, while games have to not bore you with repetitiveness in order to induce fun, making originality (or at least variety) much more important.

Different people grow bored at similar activities at different rates, so I can understand why someone would rate BW2 low because of that.
#15TaticalWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 6:17:15 PM
iSwagX2 posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
the_cajun88 posted...
Reviews don't change individual perceptions of video games.

Just play them.

It directly affects the game reputation, as a bad reviewed game can hurt sales, badly, and higher reviews can improve it.

Sales are what determines the quality of the next game and budget, so it affects our next experiences indirectly.

Why do you even care?
How exactly do YOU profit from Nintendo's profits?
(Don't give me any of that "If i don't buy the games Game Freak won't make anymore :(" crap either. Game Freak is set as long as there are children.)

I guess you didn't get it. Lets say that Pokemon sales start to bomb. Not Pokemon only. Imagine any game. The budget for the next game will be as high? With that in mind, will it have the same time available, the same amount of designers, and the same quality? There won't have any corner cuts?
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#16StathamAttackPosted 10/3/2012 6:18:52 PM
There's this old school burger restaurant in West LA, that serves a banana cream pie using the same recipe from 1879.

Christ it's so good, but on topic I don't eat pie every meal, and that's pokemon for me, I don't leave and breathe it, but it's there for me when I want something comforting and delicious.
---
And as the clock struck one, time and body go marching on, let our sense of selves decay
#17TaticalWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 6:19:57 PM
Fwahm posted...
Not a good comparison, as the pie gets consumed, so you need another in order to enjoy it more. If a new game gives more of the same, one can just play the old game.

Also, tasty food automatically triggers the pleasure parts of our brain, while games have to not bore you with repetitiveness in order to induce fun, making originality (or at least variety) much more important.

Different people grow bored at similar activities at different rates, so I can understand why someone would rate BW2 low because of that.

It is an analogy to liking something, and getting tired of it. No matter how good a toy, a food, a series, a music, etc, is. If you get tired of it, it is you who who did it, and not the thing that got worse.
And as I sad, it isn't repetitive if you have never played it. And every reviewer just fails to understand that new people born in the world everytime.
---
#18FwahmPosted 10/3/2012 6:32:43 PM(edited)
TaticalWarrior posted...
Fwahm posted...

It is an analogy to liking something, and getting tired of it. No matter how good a toy, a food, a series, a music, etc, is. If you get tired of it, it is you who who did it, and not the thing that got worse.
And as I sad, it isn't repetitive if you have never played it. And every reviewer just fails to understand that new people born in the world everytime.

Yes, but a reviewer gives their impressions, not the impressions of someone who don't have their video game experience; they rate games by comparing them to games they've played in the past. Otherwise, there is nothing to base their evaluations on.

If they're talking about originality as a significant point, then the review is targeted towards people who have played Pokemon before, but are unsure if buying another one is worth it.

It's not targeted towards people who will always buy each new game, nor is it targeted towards those who have never player Pokemon before. Reviews have target audiences just as much as games themselves do.
#19TaticalWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:17:09 AM
Fwahm posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
Fwahm posted...

Yes, but a reviewer gives their impressions, not the impressions of someone who don't have their video game experience; they rate games by comparing them to games they've played in the past. Otherwise, there is nothing to base their evaluations on.

If they're talking about originality as a significant point, then the review is targeted towards people who have played Pokemon before, but are unsure if buying another one is worth it.

It's not targeted towards people who will always buy each new game, nor is it targeted towards those who have never player Pokemon before. Reviews have target audiences just as much as games themselves do.

The thing is that the review isn't neutral, to take in consideration both new and old players.
Reviews are always full of bias, since they lean to one extreme side, one opinion.

That is why they are losing credibility as time goes on. If you would like a personal opinion about a game, you could ask anyone, anywhere, since nobody shares the exact same opinion. If reviews are merely one person' opinions, instead of an objective standpoint, so a person can have a base if it is fit to their likings or not, they lose their point, and are instead just being a kind of blog post with an score.
---
#20banjo kazooiePosted 10/4/2012 5:59:43 AM
cloud_8f8f posted...

What?

The restaurant is actually a meta-restaurant that cooks and prepares other restaurants. Their "Apple Pie" range of restaurants apparently serve quite delicious food.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/