This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a few questions...

#1GhetsisPosted 10/5/2012 10:11:42 AM
I've been avoiding this board since the Japanese release, because I don't want to spoil anything, but that also means I know very little about this game (except that it's a sequel, supposedly a cross between sequel and third-version?)

First off, can this game battle the original Black and White? I have a pretty good feeling that they're all Gen V games, but I just want to be positive.

Also, what is the general consensus on this game compared to the original Black and White? I loved BW a lot, but for some reason, I just couldn't sink the time into it that I could for Emerald. Is there more to do in this game? I found BW's postgame a bit lacking.

I probably have some more questions, but I can't think of anymore off the top of my head.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#2Serebii from SPPPosted 10/5/2012 10:18:17 AM
Ghetsis posted...
I've been avoiding this board since the Japanese release, because I don't want to spoil anything, but that also means I know very little about this game (except that it's a sequel, supposedly a cross between sequel and third-version?)

First off, can this game battle the original Black and White? I have a pretty good feeling that they're all Gen V games, but I just want to be positive.

Also, what is the general consensus on this game compared to the original Black and White? I loved BW a lot, but for some reason, I just couldn't sink the time into it that I could for Emerald. Is there more to do in this game? I found BW's postgame a bit lacking.

I probably have some more questions, but I can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

1. It is a sequel, not an enhanced version at all
2. It certainly can
3. I find B2W2 to be the best Pokémon games ever and a vast improvement over BW. I used to love BW, but these make BW look like crap
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#3banjo kazooiePosted 10/5/2012 10:20:22 AM
Yes, better, yes. Don't read the following spoilers. Ghetsis goes insane, attempts to murder the main protagonist, says more mean things to N, and possibly gets murdered by the Shadow Triad, or becomes a vegetable, it's not that clear.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#4MacGooglesPosted 10/5/2012 10:22:52 AM
Hey banjovy kazooe, that wasn't cool by any stretch.
#51qaqa1Posted 10/5/2012 10:25:22 AM
IRIS IS THE CHAMPION
---
Official Keldeo #1 Piplup fan and bug type gym leader of the Pokemon Black/White 2 boards. I frequently use a tablet so excuse my spelling/grammer.
#6banjo kazooiePosted 10/5/2012 10:27:02 AM(edited)
MacGoogles posted...

I said not to read them. Gosh. It's like you don't have any self control.

EDIT: They're spoiler tagged and everything.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#7MacGooglesPosted 10/5/2012 10:28:48 AM
banjo kazooie posted...
MacGoogles posted...

I said not to read them. Gosh. It's like you don't have any self control.

Then why bother posting them in a topic where the TC asked for answers of specific questions, and said he's been trying to avoid spoilers all this time?

It sounds like what it is, a dick move.
#8Ghetsis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 10:39:47 AM
Well luckily, I didn't read anything spoiler tagged...

I just read IGN's BW2 review, and it got me even more excited about this. I got a few more questions, though.

Apparently, there's a Memory Link system that lets you connect this to the original games. Is it anything important? And would there be any disadvantage to linking later rather than at the start of the game? I only have one system, so I don't think I can link the games any time soon.

Also, I read that you could unlock a hard mode of sorts. That sounds incredibly cool, could someone tell me (while avoiding spoilers, hopefully) how to do that? Unless it's pretty self-explanatory in-game.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9Serebii from SPPPosted 10/5/2012 10:45:15 AM
Ghetsis posted...
Well luckily, I didn't read anything spoiler tagged...

I just read IGN's BW2 review, and it got me even more excited about this. I got a few more questions, though.

Apparently, there's a Memory Link system that lets you connect this to the original games. Is it anything important? And would there be any disadvantage to linking later rather than at the start of the game? I only have one system, so I don't think I can link the games any time soon.

Also, I read that you could unlock a hard mode of sorts. That sounds incredibly cool, could someone tell me (while avoiding spoilers, hopefully) how to do that? Unless it's pretty self-explanatory in-game.

Doesn't matter when you link (though if you intend to, don't get the Prop Case in the Musical Hall until you do.

As for Challenge Mode, you earn it by defeating the Elite Four on Black 2. Once you have, you can switch it on at any time and you can send it to other games regardless of where they are in the game
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#10Anodyne11Posted 10/5/2012 10:48:52 AM
I have a question that's somewhat on topic.
Is it possible to link and do multiplayer musicals with a copy of Black 1 and Black 2?
I assume no but want to make sure (I only want the Tiara as it's the only prop I'm missing)
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards