This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is worse to you when it comes to someone pirating or hacking this game?

#61xKYSxPosted 10/6/2012 7:49:02 AM
I'm usually neutral in both situations but I can understand where players who legit straight up EV/breeding for IVs end up taking the longer route compared to players who just AR and pretty much 31 IVs etc.

Where as roms are still bad I mean I had this one conversation with couple of these guys in high school during release of D/P, while I had a legit copy of the game. These guys were running the game on R4s and crap and I asked them if they like pokemon and into the competitive side and their response was; "hell yeah" and I asked them why don't you just buy a legit copy instead of using a rom/flash cart and what was their response? too cheap to buy one lol...

Like seriously if you like the games and franchise why wouldn't you support them? -_-
#62RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 9:30:24 AM
xKYSx posted...
I'm usually neutral in both situations but I can understand where players who legit straight up EV/breeding for IVs end up taking the longer route compared to players who just AR and pretty much 31 IVs etc.

Where as roms are still bad I mean I had this one conversation with couple of these guys in high school during release of D/P, while I had a legit copy of the game. These guys were running the game on R4s and crap and I asked them if they like pokemon and into the competitive side and their response was; "hell yeah" and I asked them why don't you just buy a legit copy instead of using a rom/flash cart and what was their response? too cheap to buy one lol...

Like seriously if you like the games and franchise why wouldn't you support them? -_-

Lol I would of high fived them myself. The only reason I come off as angry to others in this topic is the fact that they believe Piracy is not doing any harm to the industry.

I'll say it again, I don't care if you pirate but don't tell me it's not hurting anyone. That's why I believe the ones that vote "hacking" are ignorant of this especially since hacking is more legal to do and causes little damage in comparison.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#63Chaos GenesisPosted 10/6/2012 9:33:01 AM
*doesn't read the other posts*

Where's the "I could care less what others do with their games" option? Hell, if they have the power to completely edit the actual cart themselves, more power to them. It's their money.
---
PKMN Black: 0046 2092 6229 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#64KeeperOfShadowsPosted 10/6/2012 12:50:46 PM
Chaos Genesis posted...

Where's the "I could care less what others do with their games" option? Hell, if they have the power to completely edit the actual cart themselves, more power to them. It's their money.

Yeah, you'd think there woulda been an option reflecting tc's opinion.
---
Maybe I AM a flip-flopper. I'm also a schizophrenic. What's your excuse?
#65RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 12:58:03 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Chaos Genesis posted...

Yeah, you'd think there woulda been an option reflecting tc's opinion.

My mistake. I usually dont like leaving more than two options when it comes to deciding between something.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#66COlimar788Posted 10/6/2012 1:06:45 PM
Hacking actually has the potential to effect others, while pirating does absolutely zip to other people. So hacking.

Although I don't particularly care about people doing either as long as they're not trying to pass off hacked Pokemon as legit or something.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#67rockyminPosted 10/6/2012 2:07:57 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
xKYSx posted...

Lol I would of high fived them myself. The only reason I come off as angry to others in this topic is the fact that they believe Piracy is not doing any harm to the industry.

I'll say it again, I don't care if you pirate but don't tell me it's not hurting anyone. That's why I believe the ones that vote "hacking" are ignorant of this especially since hacking is more legal to do and causes little damage in comparison.

Get off your high horse Remix. Piracy isn't hurting the industry as much as you would believe. Companies just use it as a scapegoat. Its certainly not hurting Pokemon as the main series usually goes over 10 million copies in sales. Black/White did over 14 million and Diamond/Pearl did over 18 million. Piracy isn't going to kill the Pokemon series anytime soon.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile