This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Medals ... did we really need an achievement system for this series?

#11CryingStar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:16:45 AM
Roobitysu posted...
Does it matter that much? There isn't some bald muscular black guy whipping you as you play, all like "GET THE ACHIEVEMENTS! GET THE ACHIEVEMENTS YOU MAGGOT!"

Not yet. But you and I both know that there will be elitists on this board who will use them just like they're used in any, and more accurately, every, other game with online interaction, as a means to spout just how much better they are than others. I mean, look at the competitive community here and tell me that another means to stroke their egos (because, let's face it, they've already stroked something else) is going to be a good thing.
---
"I know the knife is supposed to go next to the spoon, but where does the gun go?"
~~Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report (9/19/2008)
#12CryingStar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:20:58 AM
Hulkkis posted...
Its good, a little checklist for stuff to do wont hurt.

Considering what I know about the Pokemon series and from what I've seen of the screenshots of it, it's probably going to outright stop gameplay for upwards of 30 seconds, play a jingle, just to tell me I got a medal.

That would annoy the bloody hell out of me.

And having looked at the list of them ... there had better be a god damned way to turn that off.
---
"I know the knife is supposed to go next to the spoon, but where does the gun go?"
#13TherianReturnsPosted 10/6/2012 1:24:46 AM
I had 96 medals in Black 2 JP
I have 30 medals in my US Black 2

mad?
---
Pokemon Black Sapphire and White Ruby for Nintendo DS
Announcement date: March 22 2013
#14CryingStar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:27:23 AM
TherianReturns posted...

mad?

How do you respond to somebody who clearly has no concept of reading comprehension?
---
#15HulkkisPosted 10/6/2012 1:27:33 AM
Hulkkis posted...

Considering what I know about the Pokemon series and from what I've seen of the screenshots of it, it's probably going to outright stop gameplay for upwards of 30 seconds, play a jingle, just to tell me I got a medal.

And having looked at the list of them ... there had better be a god damned way to turn that off.

No. You wont even see any announcements if you dont talk to a NPC at a pokecenter.
---
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
#16GRTooCoolPosted 10/6/2012 1:27:38 AM
CryingStar posted...
Hulkkis posted...

In that case, you don't have to worry about it. The medals/achievement doesn't just "pop" when you get it. You have to go to the medal guy and talk to him to get your medals.

So after you get the medal case and you really don't care to see what achievements you've "earned", then don't go to the medal dude.
---
iRO Loki: 98/6x Sniper, 9x/50 Battle Priest, 8x/50 Priest, 8x/4x Blacksmith, 7x/4x Wizard, 7x/4x Gunslinger
#17CryingStar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:29:19 AM
GRTooCool posted...
CryingStar posted...
Hulkkis posted...

In that case, you don't have to worry about it. The medals/achievement doesn't just "pop" when you get it. You have to go to the medal guy and talk to him to get your medals.

So after you get the medal case and you really don't care to see what achievements you've "earned", then don't go to the medal dude.

That's a relief.

Is getting the case mandatory, or can I skip that as well?
---
#18TherianReturnsPosted 10/6/2012 1:31:34 AM
CryingStar posted...
TherianReturns posted...

mad?

How do you respond to somebody who clearly has no concept of reading comprehension?

By patting them on the back and saying..

"kid...it's okay, you'll get them someday, but at least you're not whining like CryingStar"
---
Pokemon Black Sapphire and White Ruby for Nintendo DS
Announcement date: March 22 2013
#19scitch24Posted 10/6/2012 1:31:37 AM
i think its awesome , i said for a long time there should be some sort of achievement tracking /hunting

its cool , its what pokemons about collecting is a big aspect of the games
#20kanime_yutaPosted 10/6/2012 1:37:07 AM(edited)
CryingStar posted...

Simply put, you don't. They couldn't understand you if you did.
---
Furry pride! "Yiff in hell, you say? Gladly!"