This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Medals ... did we really need an achievement system for this series?

#21Mr StickPosted 10/6/2012 1:39:18 AM
Don't see why it matters.

What do you think completing the Pokedex is in the first place? Or the Trainer Stars/different colored cards? Or the stamps in FireRed/LeafGreen? Ribbons?

Where've you been? Pokemon's already been doing achievements forever. Before it was cool. Just more subtle.

And honestly, I'd rather people boast about actual in-game accomplishments than their win streak in online matches or their perfect EV/IV Pokemon and how many shinies they farmed through various methods instead of ones they just naturally caught at random.
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491
#22CryingStar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:40:14 AM
scitch24 posted...
i think its awesome , i said for a long time there should be some sort of achievement tracking /hunting

its cool , its what pokemons about collecting is a big aspect of the games

But, this isn't about whether or not you like it. I couldn't give two ****s about whether you like it or not, because what you do in your game is of no concern to me.

I'm talking strictly on the basis of necessity. Did the Pokemon series really need an achievement system that awards absolutely nothing, to maintain it's competitive edge? Would the series really be worse off if the medals didn't exist? Would fewer people keep playing the games if medals didn't exist?
---
"I know the knife is supposed to go next to the spoon, but where does the gun go?"
~~Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report (9/19/2008)
#23QuetzalmaPosted 10/6/2012 2:25:48 AM
its there just like its there on any other game nowadays, you do it if you care, you don't if you don't care

just like the other guy said, you only get them if you go to the Medal Guy, so you can 100% skip them, so I just ask this, why does it matter?

did we need it? no
is it hurting gameplay? no
I don't like it, but perfectionists will like it, does it in any way bother me? hell no

everyone plays a game in the way they like, if they like to go achievement hunting, let them go, what people do in their offline games doesn't matter to you, so why should you care what they spend their time in? just play it the way you like it and be happy with it
#24darknova700Posted 10/6/2012 2:42:56 AM
I don't see why it's such a big deal... in fact I think it's pretty neat.
#25King-gamerPosted 10/6/2012 2:47:16 AM
Who gives a .... It doesn't ruin the game, so who cares.
#26torentdragonPosted 10/6/2012 3:15:18 AM
You certainly got the crying part in your name right. It adds a bit of gameplay for people, and it's ignoreable, and yet you keep whining.
---
"Minion what have you done? These were human beings with lives & families and...Aaah totally kidding. Screw those guys!" -Claptrap
#27Tequila_ShotPosted 10/6/2012 3:30:24 AM
King-gamer posted...
Who gives a .... It doesn't ruin the game, so who cares.

Who gives a ... It doesn't impact the game, so who should care?
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#28CryingStar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 3:37:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#29QuetzalmaPosted 10/6/2012 3:38:53 AM
whiny TC is whiny
#30kanime_yutaPosted 10/6/2012 3:39:42 AM
Quetzalma posted...
whiny TC is whiny

How can you blame him? Not a single response he got wasn't laden with personal attacks.
---
Furry pride! "Yiff in hell, you say? Gladly!"