This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Medals ... did we really need an achievement system for this series?

#31QuetzalmaPosted 10/6/2012 2:40:39 AM
what u talking about? most of them were people saying it wasn't necessary in a normal way without any personal attacks o.O
#32kanime_yutaPosted 10/6/2012 2:47:32 AM
Quetzalma posted...
what u talking about? most of them were people saying it wasn't necessary in a normal way without any personal attacks o.O

I'm talking about the fact that you and everyone else didn't even bother addressing the point he was trying to make. He was trying to talk about the state of the series, and the addition of ultimately useless features that wasted development time that could have been put to better use, and was using Medals as an example as to how it affects gamers reactions to one another, which ultimately negatively affects the series as a whole.

You know, an attempt at an intelligent conversation for once. But, people just ignored all that and called him whiny. I'd be pretty pissed off too.
---
Furry pride! "Yiff in hell, you say? Gladly!"
#33torentdragonPosted 10/6/2012 3:03:27 AM
kanime_yuta posted...
Quetzalma posted...

I'm talking about the fact that you and everyone else didn't even bother addressing the point he was trying to make. He was trying to talk about the state of the series, and the addition of ultimately useless features that wasted development time that could have been put to better use, and was using Medals as an example as to how it affects gamers reactions to one another, which ultimately negatively affects the series as a whole.

You know, an attempt at an intelligent conversation for once. But, people just ignored all that and called him whiny. I'd be pretty pissed off too.

That is a matter of opinion. I like the idea, and i don't think i'm the only one, because to me it adds some more replayability, some people hate it maybe, but it's not a waste of development time. What other thing would you put into the game then? And if start saying things like "I don't give two s*** about what you like" it's not a surprise people call you whiny
---
"Minion what have you done? These were human beings with lives & families and...Aaah totally kidding. Screw those guys!" -Claptrap
#34KeeperOfShadowsPosted 10/6/2012 3:10:19 AM(edited)
kanime_yuta posted...
Quetzalma posted...

A whiny person is called whiny. Thats just how it is. Its a useless feature because he doesn't like it. Its a waste of development because he won't use it. Lastly, what negative effects will it cause between gamers? Can't take bragging?

In any game's fanbase, you'll have pompous asses who hold themselves higher than others because they know more, or they can win quicker, or they're completionists.

Everyone else is left with the option to either ignore the person bragging about things that aren't important to them, or regress to a childlike state of "NO YOU SUCK!!", simply because they'd let another person's boasts/taunts get to them.

TC sacrificed the possibility of an "intelligent discussion" *snicker* when he made a big deal out of, in TC's opinion, nothing.
---
Maybe I AM a flip-flopper. I'm also a schizophrenic. What's your excuse?
#35RoobitysuPosted 10/6/2012 3:09:15 AM
And honestly, I'd rather people boast about actual in-game accomplishments than their win streak in online matches or their perfect EV/IV Pokemon and how many shinies they farmed through various methods instead of ones they just naturally caught at random.

Yup, because seeing a Wailord in the Marine Tube is much more pro than having a respectable record in WiFi battling.
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
http://i40.tinypic.com/rucjkh.jpg Roxie <3
#36kanime_yutaPosted 10/6/2012 3:18:18 AM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Lastly, what negative effects will it cause between gamers?

You don't play many games online. That's blindingly obvious if you have to ask that question.

You see how the competitive community around here acts, right? What reason do you have that makes you think the exact same thing won't happen here, because honestly, I'd love to hear it.
---
#37KeeperOfShadowsPosted 10/6/2012 3:41:31 AM
kanime_yuta posted...

You don't play many games online. That's blindingly obvious if you have to ask that question.

You see how the competitive community around here acts, right? What reason do you have that makes you think the exact same thing won't happen here, because honestly, I'd love to hear it.

I know perfectly well how people can be playing online, its not as horrible as you'd make it out to be. Annoying at times, sure, but grown ups tend to move past that.

By the way, what do you mean by competitive community around here? Can't mean this board. Hardly anyone around here is worth complaining about. Hell, some of the trolls are entertaining at times.

Not to mention you haven't explained this oh-so-horrible effect the medals could have on this game's community.

Please, oh great foreseer of disaster, enlighten a common youth such as I.
---
Maybe I AM a flip-flopper. I'm also a schizophrenic. What's your excuse?
#38kanime_yutaPosted 10/6/2012 3:57:49 AM
kanime_yuta posted...

I know perfectly well how people can be playing online, its not as horrible as you'd make it out to be. Annoying at times, sure, but grown ups tend to move past that.

By the way, what do you mean by competitive community around here? Can't mean this board. Hardly anyone around here is worth complaining about. Hell, some of the trolls are entertaining at times.

Not to mention you haven't explained this oh-so-horrible effect the medals could have on this game's community.

Please, oh great foreseer of disaster, enlighten a common youth such as I.

Judging by your post, I would assume you weren't around for the Platinum release, the Heart Gold and Soul Silver release, or the Black and White release. If you think the board is bad now, just give it about ... 30 hours, tops. You'll see exactly what I mean by the depths of depravity that this community is capable of.

Also, fair warning, look out for anyone with the word "Ziploc" in their signature.
---
#39RoobitysuPosted 10/6/2012 3:59:14 AM
I always figured the toke jopics tended to wane after release. That's what everyone says, at least...
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
http://i40.tinypic.com/rucjkh.jpg Roxie <3
#40kanime_yutaPosted 10/6/2012 4:07:27 AM(edited)
Roobitysu posted...
I always figured the toke jopics tended to wane after release. That's what everyone says, at least...

They do, but not nearly as fast as you might think. It will take upwards of a couple weeks for that to happen. But the next week or so is going to show just how bad the people here can get. Each new set of games seems to be worse than the previous.

The problem is that the more serious players tend to stick around. Let's just say that some of them are so bad, that a group of them tried to convince me that the "Pokemon Diamond" board wasn't for in-game play, that it was the official competitive community board.
---