This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Medals ... did we really need an achievement system for this series?

#41KeeperOfShadowsPosted 10/6/2012 4:17:14 AM
kanime_yuta posted...

Judging by your post, I would assume you weren't around for the Platinum release, the Heart Gold and Soul Silver release, or the Black and White release. If you think the board is bad now, just give it about ... 30 hours, tops. You'll see exactly what I mean by the depths of depravity that this community is capable of.

Also, fair warning, look out for anyone with the word "Ziploc" in their signature.

ROFLMAO

The Ziploc Crew!? That's your best example of the community being screwed up? Wow. I thought you'd reference guys spouting racial slurs playing COD or something. Your argument is that more trolls might appear? Have YOU been on this board in awhile? Hell, the Ziploc days were more entertaining than anything.

Oh, and yeah, I've been around for a good while, I just lurk alot. Even moreso 4th gen. Not to mention the beginning of the Black boards. Anyways, I'm still hoping for that disastrous situation a few achievement medals will bring the Pokemon boards. Sorry if I sound patronizing, I really am curious.

GWDGH ftw
---
Maybe I AM a flip-flopper. I'm also a schizophrenic. What's your excuse?
#42kanime_yutaPosted 10/6/2012 4:27:15 AM
/shrug

If a complete dissemblence into two straws short of utter madness by a group of ****s with keyboards, all for the sake of being ****s, and a bunch of competitive elitists that try to run any non-competitive player off the board simply so they can use it as their "hub" for competitive discussion, isn't what constitutes a "bad community" in your opinion, then frankly arguing this point with you further is clearly going to be a waste of my time.
---
Furry pride! "Yiff in hell, you say? Gladly!"
#43BlackHoleEyesPosted 10/6/2012 4:29:11 AM
Actually, the medals aren't relevant unless you make them relevant, so it's only for those that like them that they matter.

Also, they are not only about stuff you should be doing in the first place, like you say. Many of them are actually stuff you really gotta go out of your way to do. So it does add a lot of replay value. Some of them are medals, like Defeating the entire E4 and champ with pokes of only a specific type, or beating the entire E4 and champ with only 1 pokemon. That is NOT what you should do in the first place.

Try thinking about it less competetively and more completionistic.
#44KeeperOfShadowsPosted 10/6/2012 4:36:14 AM
Meh, if you feel that way.

And I'm truly sorry if I came off like a douché. I merely don't see trolls on a message board as anything to seriously worry about, even in a group. Its the internet. People will f*** with you. Definitely not a good thing, nor is it appreciated, but not worth getting too serious over either.
---
Maybe I AM a flip-flopper. I'm also a schizophrenic. What's your excuse?
#45KHWyvernPosted 10/6/2012 5:11:12 AM
CryingStar posted...
Roobitysu posted...
Does it matter that much? There isn't some bald muscular black guy whipping you as you play, all like "GET THE ACHIEVEMENTS! GET THE ACHIEVEMENTS YOU MAGGOT!"

Not yet. But you and I both know that there will be elitists on this board who will use them just like they're used in any, and more accurately, every, other game with online interaction, as a means to spout just how much better they are than others. I mean, look at the competitive community here and tell me that another means to stroke their egos (because, let's face it, they've already stroked something else) is going to be a good thing.

Nobody listens to elitest, aka trolls.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#46MrLancasterPosted 10/6/2012 5:13:31 AM
If you don't like the medals don't bother collecting them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/DImWd.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wj2YI.jpg
Cutie Creepy Chan!
#47Char_AznabIePosted 10/6/2012 5:33:52 AM
CryingStar posted...
You know what? **** it.

The ironic thing about that video, tc, is that that is exactly what you are doing.

Think about it, you are moaning about a tiny, insignificant, optional feature, and making out to be some great big tragedy. Then when people rightly take the mickey out of you for it you have a blow up and post that with that video, which amounts to the pot calling the kettle black.

And, as others have mentioned, Pokemon has had this for years. The Pokedex in fact is just one great big "look at my e-manhood, it's so big!" collection. All the achievements do in the game is add replay value for those that want it, and expand things to include other areas to give players optional content and incentive to do said content.

And the fact you said you thought GameFreak were better than that when Pokemon is basically Nintendo's "Call of Duty" franchise is even more amusing.
---
Showing flashes of bravado, in a torrent of destruction,
keep your head above the mayhem; clarity will be your weapon as the blinded falter and die.
#48Swaggamer9000Posted 10/6/2012 5:40:57 AM
Lol at people complaining about elitists. If you don't care about medals you shouldnt care about elitists brags.
---
Leader of the illuminaughty...
#49KHWyvernPosted 10/6/2012 6:04:28 AM
Swaggamer9000 posted...
Lol at people complaining about elitists. If you don't care about medals you shouldnt care about elitists brags.

Maybe if elitest wouldn't brag, but you know what? I'm not in the mood for the likes of you, welcome to the ignore list.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#50DarkRPGgamerPosted 10/6/2012 6:36:48 AM
i could care less about achievements, what i would like to see is a character Customization system. i wanna change my hair color clothes build etc i wanna make my trainer look like me. fat and angry
---
PSN: DarkDagas1
Pawn: Bowie lvl 90 Ranger