i loved red blue and yellow. played gold and silver and didnt really like them or could get into them. thats when i stopped being a huge pokemon fanatic that i was. somehow i stumbled upon many pokemon games but i still didnt enjoy them to be honest. ive played every gameboy pokemon including the gameboy advance games. i am only familiar with the first gen (151) and a couple of gold/silver pokemon era.
i saw my friend playing pokemon white/black and saw a trailer for 2 and think it looks fun and a big "upgrade" over the entire series that it really needed. call me ignorant but the series looks like it hadnt changed at all. this has gotten me interested and since i have every game i want already paid off or own already, i was thinking of picking up pokemon white/black 2.
questions: 1. this game have a lot of first gen pokemon? 2. can you add friends to trade/battle? or is it a proximity thing? 3. is your rival the opposite sex? 4. differences between white and black versions? 5. 3ds features?
1) yes, I'm not sure if they are available at the start though or after the e4 2)you add and battle over wifi or you can do it locally 3) I don't believe so, I think there are set rivals 4)some areas in black will appear more urban whereas white areas may seem more rural or in the past. There are differences in Pokemon. Only one cover legend is available in either game. 5)I don't think they added any since its a normal ds game. --- White FC: 2967 4067 4216
1. There are 39 1st Gen Pokemon in both these games together (some are only in one game) 2. Both 3. your rival is always male 4. http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/exclusives.shtml http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/versionarea.shtml http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/versionmisc.shtml 5. None besides the Dream Radar which is something separate but works with BW2 --- Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W and BW2 Boards Clan Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards Khaini: XigbarsHoe, XolvanoraX, Zweilous2
questions: 1. this game have a lot of first gen pokemon?
I don't know why "new to Pokemon" players are so obsessed with Generation 1. Can't you just give the others a try? But to answer your question, there are a fair number available in the beginning of the game, but no where near all of them:
These are the ones that are ultimately unavailable using just Black 2 and White 2.
2. can you add friends to trade/battle? or is it a proximity thing?
Yes, you can trade and battle over WiFI in this game. I think there are different restrictions in WiFI battle vs Local, but don't quote me.
3. is your rival the opposite sex?
Your rival is always a boy in this game. The different genders only affect the player character.
4. differences between white and black versions?
Available Pokémon, some unlockable content (but I believe these can be subsequently unlocked in the other games by "trading"), some story elements (equivalent to the differences in Black and White).
5. 3ds features?
Mostly the ability to use the 3DS' WiFI security features (WPA/2). You can also use a purchaseable program, Dream Radar, to capture a few extra Pokemon and transfer them to your game. --- PKMN Black: 0046 2092 6229 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787 http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
1. There are 39 1st Gen Pokemon in both these games together (some are only in one game) 2. Both 3. your rival is always male 4. http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/exclusives.shtml http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/versionarea.shtml http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/versionmisc.shtml 5. None besides the Dream Radar which is something separate but works with BW2
3 is wrong, May isn't a boy. --- BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. In this world, people don't help, they give links.Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
thanks guys! going to pick up the game. i was watching youtube videos too. looks really fun. im buying black 2 because i like the appearance more. but I might pick up white 2 if I end up loving black 2.
and the reason i prefer 1st gen pokemon is because im very familiar with them. i feel its overwhelming and rather difficult to get into the new pokemon. ill have no choice obviously but you're right, I'm going to give them a chance. it will be a fun and new experience learning the new pokemon.
by the way, i thought this game had your rival be the opposite sex as you like in a few pokemon games. like the character sex you didn't play as becomes your rival. oh well. thanks!