This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth buying a DS for?

#1coldisgoodPosted 10/6/2012 11:35:10 PM
Haven't played a Pokemon game probably since the sapphire days. For whatever reason this game caught my eye...and I've somewhat been contemplating buying a ds if I can get one for cheap.

So do you guys think a ds of some sort is worth it? What kind of ds should I be looking at? Is Pokemon too far gone or is it still worthwhile? (more or less they haven't resorted to refrigeratormon for a lack of creativity have they?)
---
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth
#2RunebogglePosted 10/6/2012 11:36:18 PM
3DS or 3DS XL
---
Si || A third had died in his bunk of natural causes--for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.
#3kanime_yutaPosted 10/6/2012 11:37:54 PM
Actually they have.

http://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/sugimori/479-frost.png

And, the floodgates have opened! Kekeke.
---
Furry pride! "Yiff in hell, you say? Gladly!"
#4LightningHawk90Posted 10/6/2012 11:38:03 PM
coldisgood posted...
Haven't played a Pokemon game probably since the sapphire days. For whatever reason this game caught my eye...and I've somewhat been contemplating buying a ds if I can get one for cheap.

So do you guys think a ds of some sort is worth it? What kind of ds should I be looking at? Is Pokemon too far gone or is it still worthwhile? (more or less they haven't resorted to refrigeratormon for a lack of creativity have they?)

Lol. Rotom-F.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#5KeldonisPosted 10/6/2012 11:39:28 PM
DSi is probably your best bet, or DSLite.

Those are extremely cheap, you should be able to buy one of those easily.

Or just get the 3DS/3DSXL since you'll need one anyway if you plan on playing any new pokemon games in the future.

Also, there's quite a few good 3DS titles out now, and a few more on the horizon.

I'd probably opt for the 3DSXL if money's not an issue.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#6TehTrumpCardPosted 10/7/2012 1:28:29 AM
GET POKEMON!!!!!

Even if you have to lie and say your pregnant grandma wants to see a Lady Gaga concert, because everyone totally understands that.
---
Only the person who has wisdom can read the most foolish one from the history. It's funnier that man exceeds the speed of light than fish start living on land.
#7Zero97Posted 10/7/2012 1:43:30 AM
3DS for a better gaming future :D
---
3DS: FIXalaS: 0173-1416-4513
Twitter: @FiXalaS
#8WutengPosted 10/7/2012 2:02:31 AM
ds is freaking cheap nowadays, definitely worth it,

u still have TONS of AWESOME games waiting for you - twewy,rhythm heaven,mario,wario, ff series and so much more!