Ok, so who else called their Snivy "Smugleaf"?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Ok, so who else called their Snivy "Smugleaf"?
4 years ago#1
I did, some guy with a youtube account did, and some poster on Gfaqs did.
I had no idea the name was so popular
Who else called their Snivy "Smugleaf"?
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
4 years ago#2
I did, in Volt White
Proud Quitting Returner.
Volt White Shiny Hunt! Latest Caught: Lunatone Latest Bred: Beldum On The Way: Ralts
4 years ago#3
crunchy612 posted...
I did, in Volt White

Volt white?
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
4 years ago#4
nazacuckoo posted...
crunchy612 posted...
I did, in Volt White

Volt white?

Rom hack.
4 years ago#5
I wouldn't as it sounds ridiculous.

Not exactly sure how it started, but a poster here on GameFAQs or a YouTube user one day thought that 'Snivy' didn't sound cool, publicised the nickname, and it spread from there.
We shall always remember the departed...
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418
4 years ago#6
I used Snivy once.. in my Japanese copy of White Version but that was two years ago I didn't call him Smugleaf though .
4 years ago#7
Well mine was named Smug in Black. Yup that's it.
4 years ago#8
beebarb posted...
I wouldn't as it sounds ridiculous.

Not exactly sure how it started, but a poster here on GameFAQs or a YouTube user one day thought that 'Snivy' didn't sound cool, publicised the nickname, and it spread from there.

Lies. Smugleaf was before Snivy.
YouTube Collector
4 years ago#9
Pretty sure Smugleaf came as a result of Internet message boards (most likely 4chan) coming up with their own names for the B/W starters before they had official English names.

I think a popular one for Oshawott was Wotter, and Tepig was (oddly enough) Emboar.
4 years ago#10
Ateas posted...
Pretty sure Smugleaf came as a result of Internet message boards (most likely 4chan) coming up with their own names for the B/W starters before they had official English names.

I think a popular one for Oshawott was Wotter, and Tepig was (oddly enough) Emboar.

No no no, Tepig was Piglit or Pignition. Emboar was the named used for....well, Emboar.
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Ok, so who else called their Snivy "Smugleaf"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived