This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your first Pokemon game/generation?

#11UmuruPosted 10/7/2012 6:51:48 PM
I started with Blue and Squirtle, and stuck with Pokemon ever since... although my preference for versions was the "2nd" and "3rd" ones, I always went for Grass types.
#12smallpoxxPosted 10/7/2012 6:52:55 PM
Gen 1 red. I skipped the third gen because I was being lame
---
Don't quote me, you'll get ToS'd
#13RetroFanGirlPosted 10/7/2012 6:54:42 PM
Blue
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj34PPN6RHY
#14WilhuffTarkin(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 6:55:44 PM
Umuru posted...
I started with Blue and Squirtle, and stuck with Pokemon ever since... although my preference for versions was the "2nd" and "3rd" ones, I always went for Grass types.

That's interesting. I ended up picking White 1 instead of Black 1 because it seemed to me that White 1 was the spiritual successor of Blue--it's the "second version," the Caterpie family is exclusive to White according to Bulbapedia, and in Blue version it was much more common to encounter Caterpie/Metapod in Viridian Forest than Weedle/Kakuna, who were more common in Red version, and are Black exclusives.

Also, because I thought Zekrom looked a bit cooler than Reshiram.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#15UmuruPosted 10/7/2012 6:58:37 PM(edited)
WilhuffTarkin posted...
Umuru posted...

That's interesting. I ended up picking White 1 instead of Black 1 because it seemed to me that White 1 was the spiritual successor of Blue--it's the "second version," the Caterpie family is exclusive to White according to Bulbapedia, and in Blue version it was much more common to encounter Caterpie/Metapod in Viridian Forest than Weedle/Kakuna, who were more common in Red version, and are Black exclusives.

Also, because I thought Zekrom looked a bit cooler than Reshiram.

That's more or less my reasoning, I suppose. I liked Pinsir over Scyther (and hated that Scyther was the one that got the evolution in second gen) and Magmar over Electabuzz so I chose Silver over Gold and stuck with it.

Of course White 2 and Black 2 decided to change up Magmar and Electabuzz on me....

So I got both.
#16Phantom_NookPosted 10/7/2012 6:58:51 PM
Been a loyal fan since Gen 1.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#17Jack_JacusPosted 10/7/2012 7:09:53 PM
Yellow, and i am proud to say that i defeated every single gym leader only with Pikachu.
---
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief!!! At least for now...
- Whoever wrote that book
#18Tayo2345Posted 10/7/2012 7:11:02 PM
Crystal, and I could never get past Morty IIRC.

Looking back, I hated that game.

Next one I got was LeafGreen and I loved it.
---
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.
#19dingo_of_jawaiiPosted 10/7/2012 7:11:46 PM
Pokemon Gold/Generation 2.
---
PSN ID: HakubiXFire
Pokemon Black 2: 1077-8515-2944
#20Roy43219Posted 10/7/2012 7:12:50 PM
Gold was my first, but I shortly got Blue after. Played through each gen up to date happily.
---
~Whoosh~