This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not sure I get medals...

#1EbonMagicianPosted 10/7/2012 10:30:48 PM
So I got my first medal and 6 hint medals. what is the pint of a hint medal? they kinda feel like a wrench in whatever system the medal system is trying to be.

Are the medals supposed to be like acheivments? If so, how can you tell what you need to do to get one without looking it up online or in a book? How do these "hint medals" even fit into a system like that as well?

If it's not trying to be achievements, then what is it?
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel
message me if you add me
#2javel34Posted 10/7/2012 10:32:21 PM
I think once you start doing some hint medals then you'll unlock more medals to do, because I've nicknamed a few Pokemon and still haven't got that medal.
---
White FC: 2967 4067 4216
#3banjo kazooiePosted 10/7/2012 10:32:45 PM(edited)
Next you're going to be complaining about the challenge board things in KAR, SSBB and KI:U.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#4banjo kazooiePosted 10/7/2012 10:33:50 PM
javel34 posted...
I think once you start doing some hint medals then you'll unlock more medals to do, because I've nicknamed a few Pokemon and still haven't got that medal.

Serebii's data is incorrect. From a Japanese wiki, I learned that you needed to nickname 10 Pokemon when prompted immediately on capture.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
#5Hirokey123Posted 10/7/2012 10:38:51 PM
Hint medals seem to be temporary medals. They appear in one of the medal slots and give you a hint on how to get that medal though the hints are more like flat out stating it. Once you get the medal it is hinting at the hint medal is replaced with the medal you earned. No idea what happens when you get them all though. Or I could also be totally wrong on this I'm just stating what I've been observing.

With that in mind I think the idea is that basically there wouldn't be a way to know how to get most of these medals normally without the hint medals. I mean the internet basically voids the entire point of a hint medal but for those without the helpful internet those hint medals are their only clues to how to obtain medals.

I don't really think the medals are suppose to be achievements more like a way to show off one of the things you're most proud of to others, and enhance the game with this optional content.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#6tenchi1981Posted 10/7/2012 10:41:50 PM
Ya im pretty sure the hint medals are just to tell you what you need to do next for mlre medalsto replace the hint medals
---
Pokemon white fc 0820-0308-4093 member of ace breeding center
breeder and founder of the dw breeding center
#7EbonMagician(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 11:09:52 PM
banjo kazooie posted...
Next you're going to be complaining about the challenge board things in KAR, SSBB and KI:U.

oh no, I love these systems. I was just wondering how it works. I thought the hint medals were like, fillers and had no point. I now get that they are hints on how to get a medal. My favorite part of KAR, SSBB and KI:U were the achievement grids
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel
message me if you add me
#8Serebii from SPPPosted 10/8/2012 12:35:54 AM
banjo kazooie posted...
javel34 posted...

Serebii's data is incorrect. From a Japanese wiki, I learned that you needed to nickname 10 Pokemon when prompted immediately on capture.

Hmm, the game data makes no reference to that. I'll double check
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#9banjo kazooiePosted 10/8/2012 2:58:21 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
banjo kazooie posted...
javel34 posted...

Hmm, the game data makes no reference to that. I'll double check

A lot of the medal descriptions are incorrect on your site >_>
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
#10banjo kazooiePosted 10/8/2012 3:24:39 AM
Here's some examples:
Signboard Savvy and Signboard Starter: Only Trainers Tips signs count.
Mighty Fisher and such: You have to actually pull up a fish.
Television Kid: Not once, it has to be done several times.
All Types Champ: Defeat all of the Type Expert tournaments, I think...
Tycoon of Souveniers: I think it refers to the items people can occasionally give you.
30 People Funfest: That's 30 in a single mission.

May be more, but that's all I'm pretty sure about.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;