This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else hold Pokemon close to their hearts? (BlogFAQs)

#1lazycomplifePosted 10/7/2012 10:32:07 PM
Pokemon isn't only a game to me, it's a blast of nostalgia that goes back all the way to third grade. It's about making friends with a common goal (to be the very best). It's about remembering what your life was like when you were playing each game. It's about bonding with my brothers and training for hours on end. It's about meeting new people, and catchin' 'em all together. I'll play pokemon until they stop making them.
#2lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 10:44:10 PM
Bump, hoping for just one person to say "I know that feel"
#3king_2Posted 10/7/2012 10:45:29 PM
i agree, i have been playing since blue and will until they stop making as well.
---
GT: Minnesota Joker
FC: 0991 1234 2186
#4The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/7/2012 10:47:24 PM
I know that feel

There
---
R - Grunt, knight, Dark-type master
Black FC: 4127 2517 7042
#5lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 10:47:27 PM
king_2 posted...
i agree, i have been playing since blue and will until they stop making as well.

Thank you.
#6lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 10:47:46 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
I know that feel

There

Thank you as well. I can sleep tonight.
#7codemeisterx70Posted 10/7/2012 10:51:06 PM
Nah ill be honest im a fair weather pokemon fan. Ill beat these games and then time will pass i will move onto a new obsession (the last one was digimon) and then 10 years later ill come back to the game and play.
---
Tell it to the cleaning lady on monday. - todd ingram
#8KisaiPosted 10/7/2012 10:57:51 PM
I actually love the Pal Park and transferring system. I hope they NEVER get rid of that. Because I have Pokémon from Ruby & Sapphire that I transferred into Diamond & Pearl's Pal Park– Hell, Pokémon from LeafGreen, FireRed, and Colosseum as well, that were transferred into Diamond & Pearl. And then when Black & White came out, I could transfer my Pokémon from Diamond & Pearl (which included Pokémon transferred into THAT from Ruby, Sapphire, LeafGreen, FireRed, and Colosseum) into Black & White.

Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire came out in March, 2003. That means I've been able to keep the same Pokémon with me for nearly ten years.

And considering in the Ruby & Sapphire days, Colosseum had a majority of the Gold & Silver Pokémon, and FireRed & LeafGreen had all the Red & Blue Pokémon, and the fact that I've traded Pokémon like crazy between all the versions (my high-level Pokémon from Ruby & Sapphire over to FireRed & LeafGreen, and then to Emerald, back-and-forth, etc.) it feels like as though some of the same Pokémon travelled with me starting from Hoenn, to Orre, and to Kanto, beating the Elite 4 of both Hoenn and Kanto.

And then they came along with me to Sinnoh, and we defeated the champion there, too. Then we took a visit over to Johto (where some of my Pokémon from Orre came from naturally), and from Johto back into Kanto. And then we all got to go to Unova and once again saved the day and beat the champion.

All with some of the same Pokémon from my very first region, picking up new friends along the way.

So yes, yes I do. If GameFreak ever gets rid of this option between generations, I will be devastated and heart-broken.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#9lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 5:59:41 AM
Kisai posted...
I actually love the Pal Park and transferring system. I hope they NEVER get rid of that. Because I have Pokémon from Ruby & Sapphire that I transferred into Diamond & Pearl's Pal Park– Hell, Pokémon from LeafGreen, FireRed, and Colosseum as well, that were transferred into Diamond & Pearl. And then when Black & White came out, I could transfer my Pokémon from Diamond & Pearl (which included Pokémon transferred into THAT from Ruby, Sapphire, LeafGreen, FireRed, and Colosseum) into Black & White.

Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire came out in March, 2003. That means I've been able to keep the same Pokémon with me for nearly ten years.

And considering in the Ruby & Sapphire days, Colosseum had a majority of the Gold & Silver Pokémon, and FireRed & LeafGreen had all the Red & Blue Pokémon, and the fact that I've traded Pokémon like crazy between all the versions (my high-level Pokémon from Ruby & Sapphire over to FireRed & LeafGreen, and then to Emerald, back-and-forth, etc.) it feels like as though some of the same Pokémon travelled with me starting from Hoenn, to Orre, and to Kanto, beating the Elite 4 of both Hoenn and Kanto.

And then they came along with me to Sinnoh, and we defeated the champion there, too. Then we took a visit over to Johto (where some of my Pokémon from Orre came from naturally), and from Johto back into Kanto. And then we all got to go to Unova and once again saved the day and beat the champion.

All with some of the same Pokémon from my very first region, picking up new friends along the way.

So yes, yes I do. If GameFreak ever gets rid of this option between generations, I will be devastated and heart-broken.

I've done the same thing with LeafGreen :)
#10MugilokoPosted 10/8/2012 6:00:56 AM
king_2 posted...

---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. In this world, people don't help, they give links.Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards