This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Must they punish you for playing the game on separate DS?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Must they punish you for playing the game on separate DS?
3 years ago#1
now I can't access Dream world or buy anything from my Join Avenue shops because I did the horrendous crime of switching from my DSL to my 3DS mid game. Far be it for me that my 3DS clock is 1 minute slower than my DSL clock, so the game thinks I tampered with the clock

it's a minor annoyance but it's still annoying, I filled up that Join Avenue and I want my Dream World visit!
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://superbooyah.com/images/stories/Galleries//bustyfacebook/Facebook%20Smokin.JPG
3 years ago#2
Even if your systems are 100% synced with regards to time, putting the game on a different DS will reset daily events, like Game Sync.

Yes, it's pretty stupid.

There's, however, a 'fix': set your clock to 11:59 of Dec 31, 2069(not sure about the year, sorry), and while in-game, let the time flow over into 00:00.
---
Proud Quitting Returner.
Volt White Shiny Hunt! Latest Caught: Lunatone Latest Bred: Beldum On The Way: Ralts
3 years ago#3
thanks, I'll try it when I boot it up, but knowing me I'll probably just wait a day

how far are you in the game? Did you reach Join Avenue yet? I've become addicted to filling that bad boy up
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://i1.ytimg.com/u/xsasIWeopo0w8WVLqiXM6A/channels3_background.jpg?v=e0c992
3 years ago#4
Virbank, sadly. A ton of chores have prevented me from playing for a good chunk today. :(

Though i did leave a Magnemite at the GTS, for the sake of the Coil thing.
---
Proud Quitting Returner.
Volt White Shiny Hunt! Latest Caught: Lunatone Latest Bred: Beldum On The Way: Ralts
3 years ago#5
It's a system that detects changes in clocks in order to prevent people manipulating it to get daily events repeatedly, essentially cheating.

So yes, it's a necessity
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
3 years ago#6
That really sucks. I need to switch from my 3DS to my DSLite when I need to use Wi-fi... My 3DS won't go on DS wifi because it got screwed up some how, and I need to use the 3DS for my dream radar... I really hate nintendo for killing my DS wifi when I got it repaired...
---
4040-9282-5304 - Black, 2322-5412-4538 - White, 4854-6563-5216 - 3DS
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Must they punish you for playing the game on separate DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived