This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PETA makes a Pokemon BW parody

#51glitchunter75Posted 10/8/2012 11:22:11 AM
Gotta admit, it's kinda funny!
---
A V-CREATE TO THE FACE!!!
Official Shiny Victini of the Pokemon B/W 2 and MMM boards.
#52AnclationPosted 10/8/2012 11:25:56 AM
That was...actually a lot more clever and well done than I would have expected from the likes of PETA. It seems that they've actually learned something from their Epic Tanooki Fail and decided to do their homework this time around. It also help that the whole "Pokemon fighting as animal abuse" angle is a lot less ridiculous than most of the other stuff they come up with.
#53jjg737Posted 10/8/2012 11:26:37 AM
Zarren364 posted...
PETA, focusing on "helping" every animal, except the human animal. That and how them releasing lab/zoo animals back into the wild tends to end badly for the animal they're trying to help...

Yeah their idiots, as if the zoo life is so bad, most of the animals have a mate, food, and plenty of room to roam around. Not to mention it gives the public a means of watching, admiring and learning about said animals. As for the lab animals, it's not pretty but we need to learn things with experimentation, better a rat or a monkey then a human being. Theirs that and them euthanizing thousands of unwanted pets every year.They kill way more animals, then they save. Their a strain on society, and people view them as a joke.
#54Zarren364Posted 10/8/2012 11:32:48 AM
jjg737 posted...
Zarren364 posted...
PETA, focusing on "helping" every animal, except the human animal. That and how them releasing lab/zoo animals back into the wild tends to end badly for the animal they're trying to help...

Yeah their idiots, as if the zoo life is so bad, most of the animals have a mate, food, and plenty of room to roam around. Not to mention it gives the public a means of watching, admiring and learning about said animals. As for the lab animals, it's not pretty but we need to learn things with experimentation, better a rat or a monkey then a human being. There's that and them euthanizing thousands of unwanted pets every year.They kill way more animals, then they save. Their a strain on society, and people view them as a joke.

Yeah I agree with the whole "it's not pretty, but necessary." mentality. I remember watching a video in my advanced culinary class about "factory farming" last year, as well as research when animal rights was a topic for debate, and I don't agree with it morally. When I see an entire warehouse filled with hundreds of cows or chickens on a processing line things don't sit right. I feel that methods and conditions could be improved, but it would cause a decrease in quantity, and an increase in price.

With all of this said, I did just field dress and butcher a deer last weekend, so I'm not some peta-esque animal rights advocate.
---
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
#55The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/8/2012 11:38:57 AM
I don't know, personally I was laughing through the whole thing

F*** PETA though. I still remember that ridiculous Super Tofu Boy bulls***
---
R - Grunt, knight, Dark-type master
Black FC: 4127 2517 7042
#56Ophelia_HineyPosted 10/8/2012 11:40:25 AM
I'm sick of organizations like this with their phony causes and their lame dust-kicking. These people cause more harm than any good and just sit on their asses while raking in millions in donations.
#57KirbydamastaPosted 10/8/2012 11:41:57 AM
"Tepig battled with a well-written verbal treaty!"

Pffthahahah

I love how people are taking this seriously, I haven't laughed this hard in a while.
---
Graveyard stuffers.
#58DMGirlPosted 10/8/2012 11:42:00 AM
That's sick. I didn't even watch the videos since I learned what they were before hand. I hope they don't let kids get access to this. I'm against animal cruelty, but this game is just... Ugh...
---
If you fully love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, please put this as your signature. I'm proud to believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior.
#59MrLancasterPosted 10/8/2012 11:43:13 AM
NettoSaito posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Can Nintendo sue them?

They don't make money off of these things so... Not really...

They're doing this in the hopes that increased traffic and awareness will bring in support and donations. It shouldn't be hard for Nintendo to demonstrated that, at least to the degree that it could satisfy a civil case. Remember civil cases have a looser standard than criminal cases.
---
http://i.imgur.com/j7xsY.jpg
SNSD's Super Sexy Beautiful Gorgeous Dancing Queen Hyoyeon
#60NickTheBlitzPosted 10/8/2012 11:43:26 AM
They say in the celeb world, that bad publicity is still good publicity. Just as long as you're in the consumers mind... there's a fine line between love and hatred, after all.

So yeah. In a way, this topic and everyone hating on PETA is exactly what they wanted to happen. PETA has no real credibility anymore, so they use ruses like this to troll the public and generate publicity.

Don't feel bad, though. I've fought in way too many flamewars over PETA's shenanigans. It happens to the best of us.
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
Check out my webcomic! http://www.drunkduck.com/La_Vie_a_la_Mode