This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you see yourself every being too old for Pokemon?

#41kitsunesdPosted 10/9/2012 12:06:38 PM
Naa. I find it awesome that the age ranges for this game are so broad. When I was picking up B2 Sunday morning a young kid probably about 13 came in with his mom all bouncing and excited to buy W2. I just smiled and thought. "Thank god kids still want to play good video games." Not embarassed or anything to be buying the same game as a kid. 23 by the way.
---
PSN: fennaru
#42TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 10/9/2012 12:10:15 PM
XMike17 posted...
*Ever being, lol

I've played every version since Pokemon Yellow when I was in high school (1999) and am now 29 and married. I mean, I know the cartoon is directed towards kids but I don't see myself ever not loving the game. At it's core, it's a solid JRPG and I don't see anyone getting too old for it imo

More power to you, man. You're one of the reasons the series still lives; rarely anything from the 90's is relevant while still trying to be new.

Just got my Riolu and wrecked Cheren btw.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
"Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." -Toonami
#43AzureKillerDXPosted 10/9/2012 12:10:54 PM
Yes, but i don't give a ****...
#44gamemaster712Posted 10/9/2012 12:11:17 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
XMike17 posted...
*Ever being, lol

I've played every version since Pokemon Yellow when I was in high school (1999) and am now 29 and married. I mean, I know the cartoon is directed towards kids but I don't see myself ever not loving the game. At it's core, it's a solid JRPG and I don't see anyone getting too old for it imo

More power to you, man. You're one of the reasons the series still lives; rarely anything from the 90's is relevant while still trying to be new.

Just got my Riolu and wrecked Cheren btw.

the fact that i somehow completely missed Riolu is stunning... crud...oh well...time to take some frustration on Skyla...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#4591sportsfanPosted 10/9/2012 12:15:41 PM
Doubt it. I'm 21, having been playing since I was 7 when Blue came out. I've walked around the campus and dorm army university and seen a few people playing so I know I'm not the only one here. Apart from the fact that I still see myself as a 5-year-old (and act like it from time to time), unless they do something completely drastic to the series that turns me away, I'll keep playing the games and catch an episode on TV from time to time
---
PSN: Carbs91
Evolution IS going in reverse
#46DaMan1900Posted 10/9/2012 12:17:39 PM
no but bored of it yes it happened two or 3 games ago...
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#47Cody900Posted 10/9/2012 12:31:07 PM
I undertook a mission when I was 8 years old to catch them all, and I will not falter.
#48patkelly929Posted 10/9/2012 12:33:27 PM
I was quoted on one of those "Overheard at [insert college campus here]" facebook groups.

"I can't wait for Thursday. My last exam, and then Pokemon. ALL DAY."

This was junior year of college. I graduated in 2009. I'm 26, and I played on my lunch break from work.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#49chaos_belmontPosted 10/9/2012 12:40:27 PM
Since if I mention it to what seems like anyone it apparently makes me a nerd/virgin/neckbeard/basementdweller -person.

If you get the time to talk about the subject then people are usually more accepting, if you only mention it casually though, instant nerd beneath their notice.
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#50Rose_MagePosted 10/9/2012 12:43:24 PM
My Grandma is eighty years old and likes playing Pokemon, Street Fighter and Code Veronica.
---
Ranks ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l