The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh my, Round 6 Suspect Voting is up. (About Garchomp)

#1MrFingers07Posted 10/9/2012 12:18:23 PM
What should Smogon do? - Results (128 votes)
Unban Garchomp
24.22% (31 votes)
Ban Garchomp
35.16% (45 votes)
Ban Sand Veil
4.69% (6 votes)
Ban Sand Veil + Sandstream
12.5% (16 votes)
Ban Sand Veil and ban Garchomp
0.78% (1 votes)
Ban all evasion abilities under Evasion Clause
22.66% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4424834#post4424834

What do you think Smogon should do? If you don't like them that's fine, we could do without your "lol who cares about Smoron" crap.

Here are the options:

1. Unban Garchomp
* All forms of Garchomp, regardless of ability, are legal in OU. Sand Veil will remain unbanned.
2. Ban Garchomp
* All forms of Garchomp, regardless of ability, are banned from OU. Sand Veil will remain unbanned.
3. Ban Sand Veil
* The ability Sand Veil is banned from OU. Pokemon with the ability Sand Veil are still legal, but must use their alternate ability. Garchomp will be unbanned.
4. Ban Sand Veil + Sandstream
* A Pokemon with the ability Sand Veil and a Pokemon with the ability Sandstream may not be used on the same team. Garchomp will be unbanned.
5. Ban Sand Veil and ban Garchomp
* All forms of Garchomp, regardless of ability, are banned from OU. The ability Sand Veil is also banned from OU. Pokemon with the ability Sand Veil are still legal, but must use their alternate ability.
6. Ban all evasion abilities under Evasion Clause
* The abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are banned from OU. Pokemon with the abilities Sand Veil or Snow Cloak are still legal, but must use their alternate ability. Garchomp will be unbanned.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#2mudkip72Posted 10/9/2012 12:45:06 PM(edited)
Ban all evasion abilities - Sand Veil and Snow Cloak. They are just lame.
As far as I know, the only complications that arise from this is that Beartic, whose only alternate choice is Swift Swim, would be illegal with Politoed teams entirely. Of course, nobody really uses Beartic in OU, especially on rain teams, so that doesn't really matter.

I'm not sure about how well Garchomp does in Gen 5 OU, so I can't say anything about that.

And how come there is no Ban Both Evasion Abilities + Ban Chomp option?
#3Dark_EinherjarPosted 10/9/2012 12:46:39 PM
Brightpowder and Lax Incense were banned. Sand Veil and Snow Cloak increase evasion even more than them. So, yes, ban evasion abilities.
---
Saix: "Kingdom Hearts... where is my heart?"
Kingdom Hearts: "...do I look like a Lost and Found to you? Try a heart transplant center!"
#4UltimateGamer76Posted 10/9/2012 3:40:33 PM
---
Don't argue with idiots as you will stoop to their level and they will beat you because of experience.
#5crunchy612Posted 10/9/2012 3:51:09 PM
while Chomp is still a threat, tahnks to Random i've learned to deal with em, assuming there's no sand in play(and made me always carry a Yache on my own Chomp for good measure).

in sand, well, sand veil really does screw me over.... >_> but it'd be stupid to ban abilities because that'd make even stuff like Sand Veil Cacturne be in uber. which is stupid.

unban chomp
---
Proud Quitting Returner.
Volt White Shiny Hunt! Latest Caught: Lunatone Latest Bred: Beldum On The Way: Ralts
#6MartinBrodeurPosted 10/9/2012 3:57:43 PM
"Sand Veil Cacturne" will not be Uber. That's like saying "Moody Bidoof" is uber.

Both Cacturne and Bidoof are still usable. Also Garchomp has no counters, it's too good.
---
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/686
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=108
#7HydroDragonPosted 10/9/2012 4:03:15 PM
Sand Veil isn't broken, just Garchomp.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
#8Gold UrsaringPosted 10/9/2012 4:16:41 PM(edited)
They should go with #6, proceed to ban dragon types and give up on tiers by developing a list of 6 acceptable Pokemon with set ivs/evs/natures/items. These Pokemon should be choosen to minimize hax and when everyone has the same team, it's all about their battle strategy!
#9Bladeon80Posted 10/9/2012 4:21:24 PM
Garchomp should be banned
There's already tons of good reasons discussed since the start of gen 5
---
Bladeon - the steel type Eeveelution
#10MileRunPosted 10/9/2012 4:23:02 PM
2 - Ban Garchomp
4 - Ban Sand Veil + Sandstream
5 - Ban Sand Veil and Garchomp
1 - Unban Garchomp
3 - Ban Sand Veil
6 - Ban all weather dodge abilities

Weather dodge abilities are annoying to fight, but they're not gamebreaking in any way except for the fact that Garchomp has one. Garchomp is ridicubroken even without Sand Veil and is the only reason Sand Veil is being tested in the first place.

Therefore, my preference is to keep Garchomp out of OU and let the other Sand Veil users keep doing their thing.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate