This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WPA2 Wifi?

#11deathbycookiesPosted 10/9/2012 3:41:29 PM
til i myself get a 3DS i just change WPA2 to WEP
Do what i need to do and then switch back. No harm done
#12MogMoogle1Posted 10/9/2012 3:47:48 PM(edited)
DS games require WEP encryptions where as 3DS games can connect via WPA/WPA2.

I had that problem too, and hell if I change my wireless encryption to WEP. What I did do is set up my extra router to do WEP from my main wireless router and just go in as admin to switch on and off the wireless for that when I want to use it.

The only other method I know besides having multiple routers or changing your encryption to an older one is by purchasing a USB WiFi Connector and hooking that up to your computer.

Edit: Also would like to add that even though the 3DS supports WPA/WPA2, there are two WiFi setups, one is specifically for 3DS and one specifically for DS, and guess what, the DS one can't go beyond WEP. X_x;;
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif
#13beebarbPosted 10/9/2012 3:49:35 PM
MogMoogle1 posted...
DS games require WEP encryptions where as 3DS games can connect via WPA/WPA2.

I had that problem too, and hell if I change my wireless encryption to WEP. What I did do is set up my extra router to do WEP from my main wireless router and just go in as admin to switch on and off the wireless for that when I want to use it.

The only other method I know besides having multiple routers or changing your encryption to an older one is by purchasing a USB WiFi Connector and hooking that up to your computer.

The exception to the general DS games needing WEP thing, are DSi enhanced titles like Pokemon Black, White, Black2 and White2. They can connect over WPA and WPA2, since the support for those connection security types was established with the DSi.
---
We shall always remember the departed...
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418
#14Anodyne11Posted 10/9/2012 3:52:28 PM
No I didn't import my connection settings (easy enough to just set stuff up again)
I'll try again tomorrow though to see if it works for me. Maybe I just messed it up lol
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#15NatsuSama(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:40:38 PM
Woukld this work?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00333AWTA/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1349825936&sr=8-2&keywords=USB+WiFi+Connector&condition=new

This is the cheapest I could find for the USB adapter that isnt pricing around a new handheld.
---
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT