Why are the opponents suddenly so over leveled?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Why are the opponents suddenly so over leveled?
4 years ago#1
Trainers in Chargestone Cave have level 34 Pokemon, yet trainers in the first game had level 25-30 Pokemon. Am I going crazy, or is this game much harder?
Nintendo 5-Star Leader
http://z6.invisionfree.com/N5S/index.php
4 years ago#2
Haha believe it or not. I had slight trouble with Cheren. His Lillipup used work up so many times it one shotted my whole team XD

Most likely due to lack of good coverage though. I had Riolu, but he doesn't get a fighting move until like 15 or something.

I also seemed to have trouble going through the first game at times too. Weird AI is weird... they also hack sometimes >_>
White FC: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
4 years ago#3
The first few gyms were fine, but there seemed to be a huge level spike near Nimbasa. Did I miss an entire dungeon or something? >_>
Nintendo 5-Star Leader
4 years ago#4
ptreemf12 posted...
Haha believe it or not. I had slight trouble with Cheren. His Lillipup used work up so many times it one shotted my whole team XD

Most likely due to lack of good coverage though. I had Riolu, but he doesn't get a fighting move until like 15 or something.

I also seemed to have trouble going through the first game at times too. Weird AI is weird... they also hack sometimes >_>

Read Weird A.I. as Weird Al, the parody musician.
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
4 years ago#5
BW1's postgame was worse. You go from a level 54 hydreigon to where the average level is 65.
Official Keldeo #1 Piplup fan and bug type gym leader of the Pokemon Black/White 2 boards. I frequently use a tablet so excuse my spelling/grammer.
4 years ago#6
Toadster9001 posted...
The first few gyms were fine, but there seemed to be a huge level spike near Nimbasa. Did I miss an entire dungeon or something? >_>

I noticed that too. I trained at the staiums and the breeder in Zororoak Forest aka Lostlorn forrest
Got it memorized?- Axel
Not changing this sig until Edge get inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Started 4/11/11
4 years ago#7
I guess they were expecting you to go to relic castle to train
Midnight Knights Leader
Gotta Stay Upbeat Upbeat Upbeat! Or You'll Be Dead Meat Dead Meat Dead Meat! FC 2878-9612-1964 (1)
4 years ago#8
Relic Castle has few trainers... >_> though a chance at N's pokemon is well worth it.
Proud Quitting Returner.
Volt White Shiny Hunt! Latest Caught: Lunatone Latest Bred: Beldum On The Way: Ralts
4 years ago#9
Flintlock_Staff posted...
I guess they were expecting you to go to relic castle to train

Yeah, three trainers will totally cause my party of six to jump nearly five levels each.
Nintendo 5-Star Leader
4 years ago#10
You on Challenge mode? The increase in levels can get steep. For example, up to Cheren's gym? The trainer level progression was 5-7-10-12. >_>
Proud Quitting Returner.
Volt White Shiny Hunt! Latest Caught: Lunatone Latest Bred: Beldum On The Way: Ralts
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Why are the opponents suddenly so over leveled?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived