This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long does it take a pokemon that you tuck in...

#1KirynTheClericPosted 10/9/2012 5:09:48 PM
To appear on the dream world page? I'm rather new to doing Dream World stuff, only did it once during White 1 and don't remember how long everything took.

Also, I have to change my router's security to WEP in order to do anything with my DS Lite and wi-fi and change it back to its original settings when I'm finished. Do I have to do this every time I want to use the Dream World or is the Dream World a "set once and go" type thing and I only have to change the security type if I want to bring something to my game/dream world?

Thanks!
---
"And at what point did you decide to stay on the forums? I don't get that mentality but some people don't have better things to do." - Nofoundation.
#2KirynTheCleric(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 5:10:36 PM
Whelp, first question answered, second one still remains though. :P
---
"And at what point did you decide to stay on the forums? I don't get that mentality but some people don't have better things to do." - Nofoundation.
#3CrystalLinkPosted 10/9/2012 5:14:12 PM
You should only have to change it for going back and forth. Why are you switching it back? Just leave it on the one that works.
---
Dark Summoner ID: 2131123388
#4kanime_yutaPosted 10/9/2012 5:19:20 PM(edited)
It takes a bit for the server to process your request, depending on the traffic that it's recieving at the moment. Sometimes it's instant, sometimes it can take a few minutes. It's never very long though, unless you're an impatient child.

As for your security question, any time you want to access Nintendo WiFi with your DS-lite, yes you will need to set your router to WEP encryption. The DS-lite is rather dated, and you should consder upgrading. Both the DSi and 3DS work with WPA and WPA2, provided you're using a fifth generation game like Black/White/Black 2/White 2.

As for the Dream World, this is how it works. You tuck in a Pokemon with your Game Sync feature in-game. You will need to connect to WiFi to do it. Log into the Pokemon website, and fiddle around there as you see fit. You can only access the Dream World once, before you have to retrieve your Pokemon. They give you about an hour's play time in the Dream World before booting you. Don't ask me why, I don't know. You must then wake your Pokemon up, again using the Game Sync feature in-game and again connecting to WiFi to do it. There will be a cooldown period of about a day before you can use Game Sync or access the Dream World again on that game cartridge. There is no set-it-and-forget-it feature.

Do note, however, that your Dream World sessions are game specific. If you own more than one Fifth Generation game, you can access the Dream World multiple times.
---
Furry pride! "Yiff in hell, you say? Gladly!"
#5kanime_yutaPosted 10/9/2012 5:17:34 PM
CrystalLink posted...
You should only have to change it for going back and forth. Why are you switching it back? Just leave it on the one that works.

Probably because WEP compared to WPA is the difference of a "Do not disturb" sign when compared to a deadbolt.
---
#6KirynTheCleric(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 5:18:29 PM
So what happens if I don't want to wake my pokemon up? Will it disappear forever?
---
#7kanime_yutaPosted 10/9/2012 5:20:01 PM
KirynTheCleric posted...
So what happens if I don't want to wake my pokemon up? Will it disappear forever?

Nothing happens. It sits there waiting to be woken up. You won't be able to access the Dream World until you do, wait the day, and put the Pokemon to sleep again.
---
#8KirynTheCleric(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 5:24:55 PM
kanime_yuta posted...
KirynTheCleric posted...

Nothing happens. It sits there waiting to be woken up. You won't be able to access the Dream World until you do, wait the day, and put the Pokemon to sleep again.

Ah, that leads me to one more question: Does the wait time start after waking the pokemon up or after the hour in the Dream World is up?

Thanks for the responses guys. :D
---
#9kanime_yutaPosted 10/9/2012 5:26:14 PM
KirynTheCleric posted...
kanime_yuta posted...
KirynTheCleric posted...

Ah, that leads me to one more question: Does the wait time start after waking the pokemon up or after the hour in the Dream World is up?

Thanks for the responses guys. :D

No clue, because I always wake my Pokemon up immediately after leaving the Dream World. You don't get any of the Pokemon or Items that you find in the Dream World until after you wake them up in-game.
---
#10crunchy612Posted 10/9/2012 5:27:27 PM
it should start when you log out of the DW itself. so you can log out of DW, wake up your pokemon, then immediately tuck in again assuming it's been 20 hours.
---
Proud Quitting Returner.
Volt White Shiny Hunt! Latest Caught: Lunatone Latest Bred: Beldum On The Way: Ralts