This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think it's dumb how people trade over a full team in the beginning.

#31AlphaMagnumPosted 10/10/2012 3:19:32 PM
I always pick one pokemon who's gonna be my superstar and add it to my team as an egg at the first possible opportunity. In HeartGold it was a Bagon (which I'd never used but always wanted to have), in White I gave myself a Dream World Dratini (same reason as Bagon -- also Multiscale is ridic), and in Black 2 (if I get it) I'll probably give myself a Deino because seriously, who wants to wait until just before the last gym to catch a sick pokemon like that?

My teams are generally structured like so:

1) Starter
2) Reasonably early available pokemon w/ decent evolutions...ie Mareep, Starly, etc
3) Transfer an awesome Egg
4) Version Mascot (why not?)
5) and 6) are HM Slaves, because sometimes one just isn't enough.
#32egglinkPosted 10/10/2012 3:35:02 PM
Half of my team is traded over, but that's because:
There isn't any good water pokemon to catch, to me at least.
I was too lazy to find a grass type.
I really wanted a Sneasel on my team.
---
Steam: Poeish
#33pikachuboy7Posted 10/10/2012 3:37:00 PM
There is a limit to what i think you can do in regards to trading pokemon over, personally i always trade over an almost hatched egg for whatever 2 starters that I choose to not take for 2 reasons,
1. you can't get them any other way except GTS and let's face it... nobody has a lv9 Reshiram or Zekrom
2. it always bothers me that there is a large gap in caught pokemon in my pokedex.
---
Platypi will rule the world
#34_Taidow_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 3:57:56 PM
zoharemulator posted...
If by "experience," you mean running around in grass for hours until you catch a pokemon with the nature + ability + IVs you want, then I'll pass.

Who does that ingame? Especially worries about IVs?
---
Prior GFAQs name: AngelTails
http://i41.tinypic.com/25qvqfd.png - Thanks to Mew_ on Serebii Forums
#35KaelAltreulPosted 10/10/2012 3:58:41 PM
I couldn't care less about IVs when it comes to ingame.
---
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.' -Edward D. Morrison
Kael Altreul - AIM/Xbox Live/PSN | 1246-8800-9585 - 3DS FC
#36pikachupwnagePosted 10/10/2012 4:03:20 PM
wufei8706 posted...
On first runs, I agree.

---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#37LightHawKnightPosted 10/10/2012 4:08:32 PM
If I don't trade over what I want, I just solo the game anyways with the starter, so not much change.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#38lazycomplifePosted 10/10/2012 4:09:08 PM
I'm using:
Vaporeon
Lucario
Haxorus
Venusaur
Genesect
Mamoswine

I wanted a team that would travel with me the whole game. I've never done it before. I still catch every pokemon not registered in my pokedex, and I've been leveling my team since they were all level 1 (minus Genesect of course). I don't think it takes away from the game. I've never trained Lucario, Haxorus, Mamoswine (only Piloswine), or Genesect before. It's still a fairly new experience.
#39SSJ4CHRISPosted 10/10/2012 4:11:43 PM
Dack_Lancer posted...
wheni first played black and white part 1 i played legit no out of region pokemons till i beat the game this is part 2 just relax

You can't use any out of region pokemon til you beat the game in Black and White. So that's invalid. I agree with you about part 2, though. I paid about $40 for my game, so I can play it with whatever pokemon I choose to. I think TC has personal problems if he thinks that way. How is it dumb to use the Pokemon you want to use, when you will just catch them again in this game anyway?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#40SytherantisPosted 10/10/2012 4:37:26 PM
I don't trade over a full team. However, whenever I play a new Pokemon game, I trade over the other two starters, giving me all three of them. I feel like it gives me the full experience.
---
Friends don't let friends buy digital clothes with real money.