This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Challenge Mode?

#1Ninjax118Posted 10/11/2012 4:59:23 AM
I was reading up on Challenge mode on Serebii and had a question. If i am midway through my game and someone sends me challenge mode am i able to change the game im playing to that difficulty?

Am i able to start a new game+ with challenge mode on without having everything erase?

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/easychallengemode.shtml

Unlocked: Defeat Champion - Pokémon Black 2

Features:
Challenge Mode is essentially the "Hard" setting of the game. Within the Challenge Mode, the levels of Trainer's Pokémon will be higher, starting at one level higher and reaching 5 levels higher at the end. In addition to that, the AI of the opponents will be higher.

In addition to this, the Gym Leaders and Elite Four will have an extra Pokémon within their squads, and their other Pokémon shall have different movesets and hold items.
---
Pokemon White 2 - 3697-7832-6596
#2SPDShadowRangerPosted 10/11/2012 5:03:43 AM
Once you can receive the key you just go to Unova Link and change the difficulty. However, you can not restart with the key. Once you erase save data, the key is gone.
#3Ninjax118(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 5:25:25 AM
So you pretty much need it at the start of the game because youve already passed all the gym leaders if not.
---
Pokemon White 2 - 3697-7832-6596
#4abbyhitterPosted 10/11/2012 6:23:41 AM
I have Black 2. I want the Challenge Mode. How do I get it?
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#5Stover46Posted 10/11/2012 6:28:29 AM

Is it that hard for you to read the link
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/uploads/1/Night_of_Champions_full.jpg
#6calvin_0Posted 10/11/2012 6:33:21 AM
to unlock challenge mode, you need to beat the champion, not much of a point to have challenge mode in Black 2 since you cant use it....
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#7Gast87Posted 10/11/2012 6:43:15 AM
abbyhitter posted...

You will need to find some one whit a black 2 copy that has defeated the elite four and champion to unlock it for you by IR (it can be a Japanese or USA version from what I heard)
If you have an action replay there is a code around for unlocking them your self before the post game.
Since you have black it will automatically unlock after the elite four and champion.
#8Master XPosted 10/11/2012 8:03:32 PM
So you restart to use challenge mode but the key doesn't stay. Gamefreak REALLY didn't think that through. I actually Dl'd a save and *COUGH* to transfer it to my legit Black 2 copy to start with challenge on only to realize that it transfers via INFRA-****ING-RED and obvious *COUGH* doesn't have infrared on it. This is ridiculous. Only thing I can think of is to complete my Black 2, send the key to my bro's White 2, delete my file and then have him send it back to my Black 2. THAT'S DERANGED GAMEFREAK. Surely since the japanese release they realized what stupidity this is?
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X"For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question. "
#9DragonLord150Posted 10/11/2012 8:21:09 PM
Above poster has obviously not played enough RPGs to know there is a point in your leveling where you are TOO Strong or TOO Weak.

The Challenge/Easy mode is just for that. ^_^
---
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon
#10Gast87Posted 10/11/2012 9:10:08 PM
Master X posted...
So you restart to use challenge mode but the key doesn't stay. Gamefreak REALLY didn't think that through. I actually Dl'd a save and *COUGH* to transfer it to my legit Black 2 copy to start with challenge on only to realize that it transfers via INFRA-****ING-RED and obvious *COUGH* doesn't have infrared on it. This is ridiculous. Only thing I can think of is to complete my Black 2, send the key to my bro's White 2, delete my file and then have him send it back to my Black 2. THAT'S DERANGED GAMEFREAK. Surely since the japanese release they realized what stupidity this is?

From what I heard that won't work too, it's more like you lend the key so those that unlock it by geting it from some one else can't transfer it so white 2 can only get you easy mode