This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking To Build a Competitive Team

#11Deidara__22(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2012 7:10:35 AM
Me being curious, but what would be a good team to have competitively (Minus the one's I have now).
---
"I am Lightning, The Rain Transformed."
#12KeldonisPosted 10/17/2012 7:19:14 AM
Deidara__22 posted...
So what you guys are trying to say is that I can't carry my team forward even after defeating the E4, as they'll get beaten if they're entered into a tournament. But what if I EV train them from the start, could that be a possibility for victory?

It's pretty impossible to EV train your team from the start from scratch. Way too tedious to keep track of EV's, what you're fighting, while at the same time being high enough leveled for the gyms and in-game battles.

It's much easier to do post-game. Buy vitamins, use power items, and EV training can be done in an hour or less. Without the access to vitamins/power items/pokerus it's going to take you forever, and to me it would kill the fun out of the in-game playthrough.

What you could do is hatch and EV train your pokes ahead of time on Black/White before you start up B2/W2. I actually did this for a few pokes in my initial playthrough while I was waiting for release. That way your pokes should all be around lvl 15, maybe less, and you can trade them over right after you beat the first gym. They'll be perfectly EV trained, and you can easily use them competitively if you want.

Otherwise, you're better off just raising a new team post-E4. You can't even breed in this game until after the E4.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#13KirbayXPosted 10/17/2012 7:25:17 AM
needs more cloysters
#14Deidara__22(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2012 7:33:05 AM
Keldonis posted...
Deidara__22 posted...
So what you guys are trying to say is that I can't carry my team forward even after defeating the E4, as they'll get beaten if they're entered into a tournament. But what if I EV train them from the start, could that be a possibility for victory?

It's pretty impossible to EV train your team from the start from scratch. Way too tedious to keep track of EV's, what you're fighting, while at the same time being high enough leveled for the gyms and in-game battles.

It's much easier to do post-game. Buy vitamins, use power items, and EV training can be done in an hour or less. Without the access to vitamins/power items/pokerus it's going to take you forever, and to me it would kill the fun out of the in-game playthrough.

What you could do is hatch and EV train your pokes ahead of time on Black/White before you start up B2/W2. I actually did this for a few pokes in my initial playthrough while I was waiting for release. That way your pokes should all be around lvl 15, maybe less, and you can trade them over right after you beat the first gym. They'll be perfectly EV trained, and you can easily use them competitively if you want.

Otherwise, you're better off just raising a new team post-E4. You can't even breed in this game until after the E4.

Thank's for the heads up dude. Judging by your explanation I might just leave out Competitive Team building, from what you said it definitely does seem tedious, and also quite a hassle lol. But I'll remain with the team I mentioned earlier, and when I beat the E4 then I'll focus on all this EV training and stuff.
---
"I am Lightning, The Rain Transformed."
#15MugilokoPosted 10/17/2012 7:37:19 AM
gavinlee999 posted...
Take out gliscor. put in haxorus because haxorus is a much better physical attacker in my opinion

lolHaxorusisbetterthanGliscor
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. Genesect isn't legendary, it's RARE -.-.Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards