This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rare Candy Farming

#21ACmaster37Posted 10/21/2012 4:43:01 PM(edited)
This should be submitted to the Codes/Secrets etc section and not secluded to the board where the info will be lost years down the line.

Remember to set Battle Scene off and Battle Style to Set. Choose high attack/sp.attack sweeper and mash A (or keep tapping the attack on bottom screen).
#22FoxFluffPosted 10/21/2012 4:41:28 PM
ACmaster37 posted...
ffdgh posted...
ACmaster37 posted...
This would be great if the breeders didnt have SIX Pokemon.
The battle takes forever even one hit killing and battle scene off.
Any breeder have less than 6?

No and lets count our blessings.

Oh and sticky requested.

I suppose this is the best way to level post-game in BW2. Not sure how Black Tower/White Treehollow grinding compares.This probably faster.
Unfortunately I dont think this will help with things like PWT. But steamrolling remaining postgame and E4 medals is a reason. Of course this is for just raw leveling, Rare Candies are bad for optimal stats/EV training, etc

That's sort of moot in Gen V; EVs are now calculated after every battle, and EV reducing berries are much more easily available than in BW 1. So Rare Candy leveling is perfectly fine
---
boop
#23CorvoTehTrainerPosted 10/21/2012 4:41:40 PM
OAO OH NOOOO! DO I HAVE TO BEAT THE GAME FIRst????
#24Zarren364Posted 10/21/2012 4:43:21 PM
It's not that new, we figured this out pretty much as soon as the Japanese games launched... I mean I'll give it to the people who showed up here after the international launch, but beyond that it's old.
---
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
#25-hotdogturtle--Posted 10/21/2012 4:44:35 PM
Haha, and people kept complaining about the Breeders and calling them a "glitch".
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#26ACmaster37Posted 10/21/2012 4:44:58 PM
FoxFluff posted...
ACmaster37 posted...
ffdgh posted...
ACmaster37 posted...

Oh and sticky requested.

I suppose this is the best way to level post-game in BW2. Not sure how Black Tower/White Treehollow grinding compares.This probably faster.
Unfortunately I dont think this will help with things like PWT. But steamrolling remaining postgame and E4 medals is a reason. Of course this is for just raw leveling, Rare Candies are bad for optimal stats/EV training, etc

That's sort of moot in Gen V; EVs are now calculated after every battle, and EV reducing berries are much more easily available than in BW 1. So Rare Candy leveling is perfectly fine

Oh. When was this changed, Gen 5 or 4?
#27jayman7Posted 10/21/2012 4:56:57 PM
FoxFluff posted...
ACmaster37 posted...
ffdgh posted...
ACmaster37 posted...

Oh and sticky requested.

It was never true. Rare Candies have never - ever - EVER - had a negative impact on stats. That's only a myth.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#28FoxFluffPosted 10/21/2012 5:10:32 PM(edited)
jayman7 posted...
FoxFluff posted...
ACmaster37 posted...
ffdgh posted...
ACmaster37 posted...

Oh and sticky requested.

It was never true. Rare Candies have never - ever - EVER - had a negative impact on stats. That's only a myth.

Yes they did -- the negative impact was that you didn't get the EVs from battles if you just shot up to 100. That gave them supposedly "worse stats." However, this was remedied by just putting them in the box -- however most people didn't know this :p However, that was it.
---
boop
#29jayman7Posted 10/21/2012 5:18:45 PM
FoxFluff posted...
Yes they did -- the negative impact was that you didn't get the EVs from battles if you just shot up to 100. That gave them supposedly "worse stats." However, this was remedied by just putting them in the box -- however most people didn't know this :p However, that was it.

Notice how you say "supposedly"? How you say there was a way around it? Yeah. It. Was. A. Myth. Rare Candies have no negative impact on stats whatsoever.

Giving a Pokemon Rare Candies caused (and still causes) its level to increase, thus increasing its stats in the short term - give a Pokemon a Rare Candy, have it and another otherwise-identical Pokemon fight exactly the same battles, and tell me whose stats are higher in the end; depending on how much EXP they got, they'll either be even, or the one that got the Rare Candy will be higher due to its higher level. That's right, not only do Rare Candies not cause your stats to be lower, they cause your stats to be HIGHER in the short term. And in the long term, it makes no difference at all.

True, Rare Candies don't give EVs. But there isn't some magic EV fairy that says "Oops, your Pokemon got a Rare Candy, you missed out on some EVs forever!" And the level at which you get EVs does not matter.

There is one condition - that doesn't even apply any more - where giving a Pokemon a Rare Candy permanently affects its stats in a negative fashion, and that is a) in the third or fourth gens, b) when the Pokemon is currently at level 99 (and not 98!), and c) when the Pokemon somehow doesn't have its EVs maxed. Then, and only then, would a Rare Candy be harmful - oops, except not, because now you can transfer it to the fifth gen and solve that problem.

The "box trick" you mention, though it only works in the first two generations (third- and fourth-gen Pokemon don't get EVs at all from battle at level 100), is exactly the reason the whole thing is bunk: stats are calculated from a set formula, and "number of Rare Candies eaten" is not a factor.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#30J_NicsPosted 10/21/2012 5:31:31 PM
Any similar methods for PP Max?
---
When you get sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead.