This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Genesect is really rustling Smogon's jimmies

#31KeeperOfShadowsPosted 10/21/2012 8:25:30 PM
NapalmAffiity posted...
It's true though. Pretty much every high ranked team has one.

It would be nice if it did get banned.

Thats just wrong. Genesect is my favorite opponent in OU. Please don't take him away!!
---
Maybe I AM a flip-flopper. I'm also a schizophrenic. What's your excuse?
#32warnerbromanPosted 10/21/2012 8:27:38 PM
Tornadus-Bird mode?
---
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?
#33NapalmAffiityPosted 10/21/2012 8:29:17 PM
warnerbroman posted...
Tornadus-Bird mode?

You mean Tornadus-Therian? What about him?
#34NatatteruPosted 10/21/2012 8:32:12 PM
He's like the Man-Eater Bug of Pokemon. Oh, those stats, this guy's usele... wait.... wait, holy ****.

I think saying Rescue Rabbit would be a better, more recent example.
"Oh, a worse version of Rescue Cat, which can only summon 2 Vanillas of the same name an--- wait what are you doing with those oooh noooo **** ****"
---
PSN: NatatBW http://www.imgur.com/a/s5I9A Lilligant <3
P4A: Elizabeth/Chie BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAACC: C-Ryougi/C-Ciel/H-VSion
#35LHS_2012Posted 10/21/2012 8:33:18 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
4x Fire Weakness didn't stop Scizor from being OU.

It did until it got Bullet Punch. It was stuck in BL prior to that.

No. 4x Fire Weakness wasn't the reason Scizor wasn't OU, and it wasn't the reason people thought Genesect would suffer. Scizor was BL because his movepool blew ass (his best move before blessings such as Bullet Punch and U-Turn were created was Silver Wind). To further stress how bad his movepool was, Gen III Scizor had a worse movepool than Escavalier does. If anything, his typing was one of the few bones thrown his way prior to Gen IV.

As for Genesect, as others said, people thought base 99 speed made more of a deal than it does. People tend to overstate speed when theorymoning.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#361qaqa1Posted 10/21/2012 8:39:47 PM
warnerbroman posted...
Tornadus-Bird mode?

Smogon calls it good, great under rain, possible suspect but not on genesect's leve.
---
Official Keldeo #1 Piplup fan and bug type gym leader of the Pokemon Black/White 2 boards. I frequently use a tablet so excuse my spelling/grammer.
#37MarbiaachPosted 10/21/2012 8:41:00 PM
LHS_2012 posted...

No. 4x Fire Weakness wasn't the reason Scizor wasn't OU, and it wasn't the reason people thought Genesect would suffer. Scizor was BL because his movepool blew ass (his best move before blessings such as Bullet Punch and U-Turn were created was Silver Wind). To further stress how bad his movepool was, Gen III Scizor had a worse movepool than Escavalier does. If anything, his typing was one of the few bones thrown his way prior to Gen IV.

As for Genesect, as others said, people thought base 99 speed made more of a deal than it does. People tend to overstate speed when theorymoning.

You know, I mentioned 4x weakness as fire as ONE OF the reasons people overlooked Genesect. Not the only reason.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Black 2 FC: 0777 2092 3156 Marvin.
#38LHS_2012Posted 10/21/2012 8:44:37 PM
Marbiaach posted...
LHS_2012 posted...

You know, I mentioned 4x weakness as fire as ONE OF the reasons people overlooked Genesect. Not the only reason.

But it wasn't to anyone who isn't a noob. Bug/Steel is a great typing. You get a slew of resistances for only one (predictable) 4x weakness.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#39alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 10/21/2012 9:35:37 PM
^Ya Bug/Steel is great and everyone knows it. AND EVERYONE KNEW GENSECT WAS GOOD (probably since DW OU started but at least for 5-6 months before BW2 came out).
---
White FC: 0132 3012 2303
#40helldewPosted 10/21/2012 9:42:10 PM
Genesect is stupidly good he sucks in ubers sure but he shouldnt be anywhere near OU. people who think hes not broken have no sense sure you can beat him but it doesnt change the fact hes more monsterous then freaking garchomp. Genesect can run a variety of sets and it makes countering a pain in the ass. Scizors hate Magnetzones generally unless they get that super power off they pretty screwed. Genesect isnt so easy to lock down. although i was pretty content i Pulled a sucessful Zoroark off because of him :)
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.