This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Transfer -- Heartgold --> Black --> White 2

#1JohnnyG118Posted 10/24/2012 11:24:21 AM
I have a Staryu that I've bred on my HeartGold game that I want to take through the main story game for White 2. I know that the transfer station only unlocks once you've beaten the Elite Four, so I'm wondering if this will work.

I transfer Staryu from HeartGold into Black (where I have beaten the Elite 4). I then trade Staryu directly from Black into White 2 at the first available opportunity.

Will this work? And when is the earliest White 2 can trade with Black/White? Also, will it pose a problem if Staryu is outside the standard Gen V pokedex?
#2djayk85Posted 10/24/2012 11:26:11 AM(edited)
yes this will work, no it doesnt matter Staru is not in the Unova Pokedex and you can trade right after the 1st Gym is complete
---
White FC: 3997-7957-6829
#3UmuruPosted 10/24/2012 11:27:49 AM
Staryu's in the Black2/White2 Pokedex and can actually be caught as soon as you get Surf. As for whether non-Unova dex Pokemon cause problems... they don't. You can get a lot of non-Unova Pokemon from the Dream Radar and you can trade with Black/White or a completed Black2/White2 that have non-Unova Pokemon.
#4Bluelynx87Posted 10/24/2012 11:28:10 AM
Staryu is in the uppdated unova dex in bw2 I caught one north of undela town on my way to the 7th gym in black2
#5JohnnyG118(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2012 11:46:51 AM
Perfect, thanks guys.

Staryu (which will be evolved into Starmie prior to the transfer):

Lvl 1
Modest Nature (+Spc Atk, -Atk)
Rain Dance
Thunder
Psychic
Ice Beam (to be replaced by STAB Surf once I get HM03 in BW2)

= WIN
#6wufei8706Posted 10/24/2012 11:48:59 AM
Just teach Surf in White/Black. There's no badge limitations on HM's on these games.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3k37dxt http://tinyurl.com/7tt5db2
Okay, so from here on out disagreeing with wufei8706 is against the rules-Error1355
#7PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/24/2012 12:02:45 PM(edited)
I'm going to assume you don't have White 2 just yet, because I'm trying to figure out why you just don't transfer from HG to W2 directly.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I'm so stupid. You want to use it in the main game.>_<
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing DS, Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN)
#8Apeman1813Posted 10/24/2012 12:06:18 PM
wufei8706 posted...
Just teach Surf in White/Black. There's no badge limitations on HM's on these games.

The game doesn't allow you to trade any pokemon with HM moves. At least, that's what happened when I tried to trade over my Gyarados that knew Waterfall from Black to White 2.
---
On GameFAQs, one issue means the entire thing is broken. - EndofEternityxx
#9Dark_EinherjarPosted 10/24/2012 12:13:27 PM
Apeman1813 posted...
wufei8706 posted...

The game doesn't allow you to trade any pokemon with HM moves. At least, that's what happened when I tried to trade over my Gyarados that knew Waterfall from Black to White 2.

I traded Pokémon with HM moves from Black to Black 2 (Starmie with Surf, as a matter of fact) without any problems, so this isn't true.
Unless they restrict Pokémon outside the new Unova Dex; Gyarados is not on the new Unova Dex, but Starmie is.
---
Saix: "Kingdom Hearts... where is my heart?"
Kingdom Hearts: "...do I look like a Lost and Found to you? Try a heart transplant center!"
#10UmuruPosted 10/24/2012 12:14:27 PM
Apeman1813 posted...
wufei8706 posted...

You can trade it via Wireless and... the Union Room? You just can't do it over IR because IR can be used anywhere and you could potentially strand yourself somewhere if you end up trading away the only Pokemon that can learn whatever HM. Of course, that would probably involve running out of Pokeballs as well and not having a Flyer or Teleporter to take you back to the Pokemon Center... but I guess they were just being cautious.