This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there anything missable in this game?

#1XX-XALBERTX-XXPosted 10/24/2012 9:27:16 PM
Excluding anything that requires online capabilities. Just curious is there are any missables in the base game.
---
Poke White FC : 3868 7330 4814
"All I know is that it was slimy and it had lotsa teeth."-Church, Red VS Blue
#2TormaDFKPosted 10/24/2012 9:39:25 PM
Technically, yes. If you KO any legendary in the post-game, they vanish and you can't get their pokedex entry. Why you would KO a legendary instead of capturing it (on purpose) is beyond me.

This only applies to post-game legendaries. The four you encounter during the story can be KO'd, but will reappear at a higher level for the post-game.

Other than that, nothing's missable aside from a few hold items you can steal, all of which can be found/purchased elsewhere. There's a couple of places that seem like they'd have missables, but there's either no items there or you can access it again in the post-game.
#3HomeRowedPosted 10/24/2012 9:42:43 PM
TormaDFK posted...
Technically, yes. If you KO any legendary in the post-game, they vanish and you can't get their pokedex entry. Why you would KO a legendary instead of capturing it (on purpose) is beyond me.

This only applies to post-game legendaries. The four you encounter during the story can be KO'd, but will reappear at a higher level for the post-game.

Ever since Platinum, anything you only get one of per game can be rebattled if you happen to KO or run from it. All that's required is defeating the Elite 4 again to have them respawn.

Other than that, nothing's missable aside from a few hold items you can steal, all of which can be found/purchased elsewhere.

It's not possible to steal items from trainers anymore. Well, it is, but you don't keep them after the battle is over.
---
HOME ROWED
you gotta be fresh
#4TormaDFKPosted 10/24/2012 9:51:14 PM
Wasn't aware of either of those facts. Good to know.
#5XX-XALBERTX-XX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2012 10:05:06 PM
Thanks for the info.
---
Poke White FC : 3868 7330 4814
"All I know is that it was slimy and it had lotsa teeth."-Church, Red VS Blue
#6jayman7Posted 10/24/2012 10:59:58 PM(edited)
homerowed posted...
It's not possible to steal items from trainers anymore. Well, it is, but you don't keep them after the battle is over.

And fortunately, it's not possible for trainers to steal items from YOU any more, either. I actually had a trainer try to take something important from me (I think it was my Lucky Egg!) but I got it back.

(And you'll have to forgive the late response. My computer was refusing to load GameFAQs for a bit.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7j_coatPosted 10/25/2012 1:42:57 AM
You might not get to enter N's Castle if you don't follow the Zoroark.
#8Jared8472Posted 10/25/2012 1:48:04 AM
I thought the things on the ship were missable, are they not? I don't have a way to confirm myself. AFAIK it was a power item, a TM, and some junk.
#9KhemikoolPosted 10/25/2012 1:50:17 AM
j_coat posted...
You might not get to enter N's Castle if you don't follow the Zoroark.

No that things always there, I didn't follow it until way after finishing the main game b/c I wanted to RNG latias before Reshriam.
---
Official Han Solo of the internet
#10Master EspeonPosted 10/25/2012 1:50:26 AM
You can re-enter the ship in postgame, don't worry about that.
---
The signature may or may not be closer than it appears.