This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Were Metang and Metagross' catch rates altered?

#1Chaos GenesisPosted 10/30/2012 7:16:45 PM
I know that the laws of probability suggest it could happen on any one throw, but today I caught both of these guys with one Pokéball each, after they'd been whittled down to 1 HP and were Paralyzed (by the way, Soak is a great thing to have for Rock, Steel, and Ghost-types if you're using False Swipe, and on Ground-types if you're relying on Paralysis instead of Sleep). Has anyone else had a ridiculously easy time catching these guys, possibly leading credence to the idea that their rates were increased?

Thanks.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#2SoulSlayer64xPosted 10/30/2012 7:19:28 PM
Chaos Genesis posted...
I know that the laws of probability suggest it could happen on any one throw, but today I caught both of these guys with one Pokéball each, after they'd been whittled down to 1 HP and were Paralyzed (by the way, Soak is a great thing to have for Rock, Steel, and Ghost-types if you're using False Swipe, and on Ground-types if you're relying on Paralysis instead of Sleep). Has anyone else had a ridiculously easy time catching these guys, possibly leading credence to the idea that their rates were increased?

Thanks.

Apparently a Metang, from the Giant Chasm, has a capture rate of 3. And this I found to be true, while I did catch my Metang, Metsu, it did indeed put up quite the fight. Although it was somewhat easier to catch once I put that sucker to sleep.
#3yzmanPosted 10/30/2012 7:22:32 PM
Metang was the hardest for me to catch so far, so 3 seems right still.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."